Fullbacks

Royaloak

Good and bad - despite giving the foul away, I thought Richards had a decent game and has been putting a shift in for weeks. Kolorov on the otherhand is clearly not up to the job. No pace, gets out muscled in the box, no anticipation, inadequate tackler. Cost £17million, but looks worse than Bridge and Garrido. It's a real problem for us and we'll continue to fuck up the big games with players like him in the team.

Sorry to hijack thread, but does anyone know latest on Kolo Toure?

When/if he returns, we can shift Lescott to left back and drop that clown Kolarov, then our defence will be a bit more stable I think.

Dont call Kolarov, the thread suddenly disappears if you do as two have disappeared off this board in the last 20 minutes.....

Richards has played great the last couple of months but forgot to follow the plan today,was always out of position considering we went there to keep a clean sheet.stupid foul to give away cost us a point against our biggest rival.Kolorav actually did ok ,Silva offered very little and shouldnt have been involved in this type of performance.

kolo wont play again for city for at least 12 months imo.

I started a thread the other day which included the fact that we have no fullbacks who are capable of decent defensive play other than Zaba.
I got slagged off after suggesting neither Richards, Boateng or Kolarov can defend to save their lives, though I have to admitt Richards has progressed well over the past weeks and going forward has looked a different proposition recently (unfortunately this only applies to his forward runs).

Ultimately when you face oponents who flank you or attack with skill and pace, you need fullbacks who can defend, and we have only the one.
If you want proof of their deficiencies, just think back to all the goalsaving challenges that our players have made over the past 10 weeks, Kompany, Lescott, Zaba, Barry, Kolo and Dejong all spring to mind, can't recollect many from Richards and none between Kolorov and Boateng.

Tells a story, but some Ostrich will no doubt come on and slag us off for having the gaul to suggest anything but positivity is acceptable on here. After all supporting us since the sixties being born and bred in a Blue blooded family in Manchester and having a season ticket for over 40 years counts for nowt now all our band waggon jumpers have arrived to keep our negativity in check!

You'd think with our resources and the millions of full backs around the world there would be two that were top class and willing to play for us. I find it amazing I really do !! Our scouting system needs looking into. Either that or we hire a defensive coach to turn a good full back into a top class player.

Lordeffingham said:
I started a thread the other day which included the fact that we have no fullbacks who are capable of decent defensive play other than Zaba.
I got slagged off after suggesting neither Richards, Boateng or Kolarov can defend to save their lives, though I have to admitt Richards has progressed well over the past weeks and going forward has looked a different proposition recently (unfortunately this only applies to his forward runs).

Ultimately when you face oponents who flank you or attack with skill and pace, you need fullbacks who can defend, and we have only the one.
If you want proof of their deficiencies, just think back to all the goalsaving challenges that our players have made over the past 10 weeks, Kompany, Lescott, Zaba, Barry, Kolo and Dejong all spring to mind, can't recollect many from Richards and none between Kolorov and Boateng.

Tells a story, but some Ostrich will no doubt come on and slag us off for having the gaul to suggest anything but positivity is acceptable on here. After all supporting us since the sixties being born and bred in a Blue blooded family in Manchester and having a season ticket for over 40 years counts for nowt now all our band waggon jumpers have arrived to keep our negativity in check!

spot on

Agree, too many wayward shots for me<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 pm --<br /><br />Agree, too many wayward shots for me

Richards is fine both in attacking and defending based on recent weeks performances.Kolarov however hasnt quite worked out either just yet but I would give him more time.

Whatever we do though moving Lescott to full back is not a good idea. He is playing really well at center back with Vinnie and needs to stay there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.