Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

Worst comment rather than funniest. I remember us scoring early at Lincoln in the League Cup away to go 1-0 up. I remember saying to my mate at the game - "Perfect start, we should finish this tie off here, which is great because I have something on same day as the home leg that I ideally need to go to."
Of course, we lost 4-1 and I had to cancel my other engagement so I could go to the second leg
(where of course, we lost again at home 1-0)

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I once taught in the same school as Mark Wallington (ex Leicester City goalkeeper) and he tells the story of a game he played against Arsenal - he was 3 nil down after only 15 minutes - after picking the ball out of his net the third time he walked up to the ref with the ball and asked if they could start the game again as he wasn't ready. The ref was not amused and gave him his only booking of his career.

Couple of moments that make me chuckle to this day.

Few years back we were playing Chelsea at home, the seat next to me is one of those seats where there is someone new every game, we had a guy who was very nervous and twitchy.

Every single time Chelsea got the ball anywhere near the half way line this guy's leg would start trembling and he'd be constantly mumbling "Oh shit, oh shit". Had everyone around in stitches.

Another time we had a tourist from Japan, was his second English game live, after a Palace game- every time we would do something decent he'd let out the highest pitch "Woooh" and clap his hand 4/5 times in a rapid action.

Not so much a comment but an action, City playing Sheffield Utd mid 70s and we were down at the front of the Kippax giving Tony Currie dogs bollox everytime he came near. One time he was around the back of the advertising boards retreiving the ball and we are at it again when he does no more than pick his nose and flicks the biggest snotter I've ever seen towards us ,just falling short.Fans around us pissing themselves at us cheeky fekkers.Fair play TC ,you give it ,you have to take it.

This bloke used to go to City matches with my dad and I, 70s. As soon as we kicked off and the ball went to Donachie, he'd say, 'Right Willie, Plan B'. Then, as nothing came from it, he'd say, 'No Willie, that's plan A'.

When we were shit at Maine road upper tier kippax a bloke was alway using the c word.
One particular player was always on the end of it ‘edgehill you c**t’ your sh*t’
After about 30 minutes Same comment every touch a bloke said can you mind your language, as there were a few kids about.
He Stopped for 5 minutes next touch ‘edgehill you vagina’
Lots of blokes pissing themselves !
Edgehill got dogs abuse, was bloody awful at times.
One of those players who got more abuse from home fans than the away fans

Yes I remember that now. As if each one was trying to out do the last. Those things took some blowing up but l never saw anyone doing the actual blowing. No smutty remarks please;)

I was in the main stand that night, no idea why, so I had a great view of the City fans. There was definitely a Godzilla produced at some point and it fought with the Frankenstein's monster. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Newcastle at home last year it was 2-1. Couple of ‘new’ fans behind me, the son and possibly the Mum were city fans but the dad didn’t have a clue. The son asked his dad where’s Vinny and the dad goes look he’s on the ball now, it was only Raheem running down the wing that he was pointing to. I thought you’ve got to be joking. Later on vinny came on and the dad said i thought he’s been on the whole time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.