Future extra homegrown players in PL squads?

Plain Speaking

With Brexit moving us out of Europe could the English FA significantly change the rules regarding homegrown quotas in the PL? This might give us problems.

I notice United seem to be targeting many English players, do we need to adjust our transfer targets to cover future PL changes?

Hopefully future players from our academy will help.

The Premier League and the FA are in discussions, the FA want to push for 13-15 foreign spots iirc, but the Premier League want to stick to the current limit of 17

No, absolutely not. It hurts the quality of the league and that in turn hurts the premier league brand across the globe. they’d never risk that in normal circumstances but certainly not when there’s a worldwide economic crisis looming thanks to the pandemic.

No, absolutely not. It hurts the quality of the league and that in turn hurts the premier league brand across the globe. they’d never risk that in normal circumstances but certainly not when there’s a worldwide economic crisis looming thanks to the pandemic.
Isn’t assuming a Johnson led government showing common sense a rather dangerous assumption?

The Premier League and the FA are in discussions, the FA want to push for 13-15 foreign spots iirc, but the Premier League want to stick to the current limit of 17

Interesting, I hope so. Do you have a source?

it was last year or the year before that the FA were targeting a munimum of 12 home grown players, as opposed to current 8.
So 13 foreign slots. Nothing to do with Brexit, just their targets.

Whether it will happen we will see

With Brexit moving us out of Europe could the English FA significantly change the rules regarding homegrown quotas in the PL? This might give us problems.

I notice United seem to be targeting many English players, do we need to adjust our transfer targets to cover future PL changes?

Hopefully future players from our academy will help.

I believe that the utd policy of buying homegrown is just a buy young policy to tie in with the fergie tactic of pace and energy, it is a massive boost when your clueless on tactics.
But there is a problem at City with our youth, quite simply those at the club are too young, they simply are not ready to cover for injuries , the age of our youth has to increase if that means sending them on loan earlier for a year before bringing them back so be it,

I believe that the utd policy of buying homegrown is just a buy young policy to tie in with the fergie tactic of pace and energy, it is a massive boost when your clueless on tactics.
But there is a problem at City with our youth, quite simply those at the club are too young, they simply are not ready to cover for injuries , the age of our youth has to increase if that means sending them on loan earlier for a year before bringing them back so be it,
It is tricky introducing youth into the club. I have always believed if you are good enough age should not necessarily be a barrier. Sancho believed he was and with hindsight we may regret not giving him more first team involvement?
Personally I would not be surprised if the English FA do bring in the "12 homegrown players" rather than 8 that @Coatigan referred to above, potentially that could give the club's such as Utd, (with a full homegrown quota), a big advantage in the future?

It is tricky introducing youth into the club. I have always believed if you are good enough age should not necessarily be a barrier. Sancho believed he was and with hindsight we may regret not giving him more first team involvement?
Personally I would not be surprised if the English FA do bring in the "12 homegrown players" rather than 8 that @Coatigan referred to above, potentially that could give the club's such as Utd, (with a full homegrown quota), a big advantage in the future?
The FA could well bring in measures to kick start the British transfer market by increasing the homegrown quota, short term City would play with a smaller squad as they have done in the past, long term they are going to have to change the age/experience of the youth team, after all who was the last 18 year old we bought with enough first team experience to challenge a squad player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.