Future Strikers

His price would probably be quite ridiculous now, but I think Richarlison would do a job for us.

Very direct and aggressive with plenty of skill and pace to boot. A pretty reliable finisher from what I've seen too.

Haaland is the obvious answer and it's not close in my opinion. I'm a huge fan of Lautaro also but Haaland is the killer in front of goal that we simply don't have in the team right now.

I don't care if Haaland's dad played for us or not, he doesn't suit our playstyle at the moment. He's very similar lukaku, who's also a brilliant player but not suited to our football. His passing and technique is far below the standard required to play as a striker for us. Fantastic player on his day, and could still do a good job at City, but we will not get the most out of him in unless Pep drastically changes his system.

People who actually watches Haaland instead of just highlights and stats will recognize that he needs space to run in to in order to be effective, which is space he will not find against the low blocks the opponents always use against us. He's not suited to us the way Werner isn't suited to us either, both brilliant players but would suit a more counter based team like United or Chelsea better, hence why we passed on buying Werner.

More all round strikers like Lautaro Martinez, Alexander Isak or even Sebastien Haller would work a lot better. They are players who can create chances on their own or link up with teammates really good. While Haaland is a top notch finisher he might as well be a 70m training cone when we struggle. For people who bring up Mbappe he doesn't work as a lone striker, not even in the french league. He needs a striking partner or to play on the wings to be at his best
think we need a different type of striker aswell because in a lot of games we seem to run out of ideas . We should not pass on a player like Haaland as he will score for fun in our team .

Alexander Isak

Natural finisher, tall (almost 6'4), very technical and got an elite first touch, fast, completely two footed, excellent movement. He's a very smart player with excellent mentality. Plays like a little bit less skillfull Henry or Eto'o while being 192cm tall

Here is every touch of his performance against Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu where he single handedly knocked them out of Copa del Rey pretty much by himself. 2 wondergoals, 1 assist, Odegaard scored his rebound for the first goal and even had a nice goal dissalowed for offside. I feel like Pep could bring out such performances a bit more frequently because the talent is there to show

Scored this worldie just minutes ago:

If that first video is representative of a player you think has an elite first touch, I'd love to know what you think of the two Silva's, Mahrez, De Bruyne and even Gundogan. It's a good job the lad is quick because he seems to spend half his time chasing his first touch. Are you Swedish by any chance and on commission?

If that first video is representative of a player you think has an elite first touch, I'd love to know what you think of the two Silva's, Mahrez, De Bruyne and even Gundogan. It's a good job the lad is quick because he seems to spend half his time chasing his first touch. Are you Swedish by any chance and on commission?
Bad first half but came to his own in the second half. Usually his first touch is really good, especially in the final third

Teams are increasingly just sitting in against us with no notion of getting out of their own half, sometimes with 10 in the box. There’s no space to play, we’re just putting in cross after cross playing to defences strength. We need someone who is an aerial threat, even if only squad player.

Teams are increasingly just sitting in against us with no notion of getting out of their own half, sometimes with 10 in the box. There’s no space to play, we’re just putting in cross after cross playing to defences strength. We need someone who is an aerial threat, even if only squad player.
I honestly don't think Pep would go for someone like that unless they have other elements in their game. Pep had this problem at Barca and we've had this problem in the past 2 seasons as well. We've just managed to get late winners sometimes. Even putting wingers on their strong foot and having someone like Sane won't help most times.

I think what's needed, especially when Dave leaves is a cog that would be a link up person to free the striker. Last season at Brighton, Laporte fizzed a ball into Dave's feet, where he flick it to Aguero to dispatch. Similarly Kev and Phil played a 1,2 against Liverpool and Phil scored. Phil could be the cog, but you really would rather have him score the goal because he is clinical. Hopefully we can get Aouar who can be this cog who can play back to goal and create. We will have Aguero for another season, but beyond that I think it would benefit us to get a striker who work in tight spaces by shooting first time or linking up for Phil or someone else who can dispatch it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.