Future Strikers

Watch the video I linked. I don't see how you can think he has a poor first touch from watching that. If you're thinking of the Real Madrid game I linked before, he had a rocky start first half and didn't look like himself, but scored three goals (one ruled out) and provided an assist in the second half.

I think it's very very unrealistic and unfair to compare a strikers technique and first touch to that of world class midfielders and wingers. Almost everyone has a shit first touch in comparison to the names you mentioned above. Either you have technical strikers like Jesus who can't finish or Haaland who's technique and passing game would leave Pep more than unsatisfied. It's very hard to find world class talent who satisfies Pep's need for technicality while being natural finishers, talents like Isak and David are one of the very few. Isak's technique for a striker can definitely be considered elite, much better than Haaland's for example

Personally I think neither Isak or David are ready yet, but hopefully they will be when an Aguero replacement is needed (probably after next season)
Not a big fan of Isak. Yes, he is a good player but nothing more than that. We are talking about Aguero's heir. Do you really think he is good enough?

If we’re talking a striker to bang in goals, then it’s Håland for me. Depending on what his second season and a full season at Dortmund looks like.

If you watch his game, he’s someone who is intelligent at attacking space. His movement in and around the box is very good. He has that killer instinct for goal. Doesn’t dilly dally around with the ball and makes his mind up and keeps it moving.

Can take shots from outside the box. Would give City a plan B especially as it seems the lads love to cross. Has a bit of pace about him. Definitely more mobile than Kane that’s for sure. His game reminds me of Lewandowski’s (one of the best out and out striker out there). Obviously, he’s still young but only time will tell whether he can fulfill his potential.

Other good young strikers:
Greenwood (he’s a rag unfortunately) - an eye for goal, flair but doesn’t have the blistering pace people want.

Jonathan David (Gent) - Pacey and good off the ball movement.

Isak (Real S.)- Very tall, good touch but still needs polishing as a player.

Patson Daka (Salzburg)- Pacey, dogged, and good in tight spaces.

Watch the video I linked. I don't see how you can think he has a poor first touch from watching that. If you're thinking of the Real Madrid game I linked before, he had a rocky start first half and didn't look like himself, but scored three goals (one ruled out) and provided an assist in the second half.

I think it's very very unrealistic and unfair to compare a strikers technique and first touch to that of world class midfielders and wingers. Almost everyone has a shit first touch in comparison to the names you mentioned above. Either you have technical strikers like Jesus who can't finish or Haaland who's technique and passing game would leave Pep more than unsatisfied. It's very hard to find world class talent who satisfies Pep's need for technicality while being natural finishers, talents like Isak and David are one of the very few. Isak's technique for a striker can definitely be considered elite, much better than Haaland's for example

Personally I think neither Isak or David are ready yet, but hopefully they will be when an Aguero replacement is needed (probably after next season)
That's the difference, you're judging him differently as a striker by using a far lower standard than you would expect of other midfield and forward players. That to me is very strange and nonsensical, when it is fundamental to the way we play.

When you use terms like technical and 'elite' without explanation of the lower standard, it looks odd.

We'll have to agree to disagree because I judge ALL players "technicality" by consistency of touch, consistency and variety of weight and intention of pass/shot and whether they can play proactively (e.g. knowing where they want to pass/shoot before the ball even arrives). Then there's odd difference for wingers and defenders, I wouldn't except Laporte to put in crosses like De Bruyne or Sterling to have a tackling technique as good as Kompany for example. So I get some differences but not in touch and control, that baffles me a bit but each to their own I suppose.

I would be very surprised if Pep buys a striker this season, we have enough issues in the squad. We will look to add a LW who can bag 10-15.

Yep agreed, however someone like Aubamayang ticks a lot of boxes for us and is a great finisher. Whether we could or would go for him or not i don't know, but that's ideally the type of guy at a younger age he would be looking for in my opinion.

Aubamayang is the wrong age profile for us - he is 31 but a younger version of him would be good

A younger version of Lacazette would be even better in my opinion

Not a big fan of Isak. Yes, he is a good player but nothing more than that. We are talking about Aguero's heir. Do you really think he is good enough?
Not now but he can be good enough after next season. The raw ingredients for a top top class striker is there, if he puts it together he can definitely challenge Jesus. Unlike Jesus he's tall and knows how to finish while still having technical qualities

That's the difference, you're judging him differently as a striker by using a far lower standard than you would expect of other midfield and forward players. That to me is very strange and nonsensical, when it is fundamental to the way we play.

When you use terms like technical and 'elite' without explanation of the lower standard, it looks odd.

We'll have to agree to disagree because I judge ALL players "technicality" by consistency of touch, consistency and variety of weight and intention of pass/shot and whether they can play proactively (e.g. knowing where they want to pass/shoot before the ball even arrives). Then there's odd difference for wingers and defenders, I wouldn't except Laporte to put in crosses like De Bruyne or Sterling to have a tackling technique as good as Kompany for example. So I get some differences but not in touch and control, that baffles me a bit but each to their own I suppose.
I mean what strikers in the world have the touch and dribbling of an elite midfielder or winger? It's pretty much only Lewandowski, Aguero, Jesus, Ilicic and maybe Werner. That's 5 names. Do you see how rare it is? That's why it makes much more sense to compare a striker to other strikers when it comes to technical abilties. For a striker, Isak has elite technical traits.

Havertz is the man - play him in a forward position and we will get plenty of goals.

The passing ability of a silky midfielder, the pace of a winger and the direct threat of a forward all in one. Should be our no 1 target that isn't a CB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.