Futures of players out on loan

Bubbagump

As we enter another weekend football free would anyone have accurate reviews on how our loan players have been doing.

I know they are talking about Steffen coming back from loan to replace Claudio for instance but on line detail of his time at Fortuna is scarce.

I know they are talking about Steffen coming back from loan to replace Claudio for instance but on line detail of his time at Fortuna is scarce
Would love to see Steffen here but not sure if he has achieved qualifying status to play with us yet.

With the league being done and dusted I thought it would be a good time to consider the futures of those out on loan.

Will they be sold? Will they come back into the fold or will it be another loan?

Any comments on how they’ve done and what people think would be greatly appreciated as we do have millions of talent out and about!

Zak Steffen - USA no.1 and from what I’ve heard impressed in his stint at at Fortuna Düsseldorf. Unfortunately cut short by injury...will he come back to be no. 2 at City? Will he be happy with that? I could see another loan for him to help him develop further especially as we have been linked with David Raya of Brentford.

Yangel Herrera - arguably one of the most successful loans and has been a revelation at Granada. Could he be a squad player at City or is it a cash in at £15-20m with a buy back and sell on?

Tosin Adarabioyo - after a mixed spell at WBA he’s greatly impressed at Blackburn. Could he be reintegrated into 3/4th choice at City or is at a loan/sale with a buy back to a footballing side that plays out from the back a la Leeds for example.

Jack Harrison - great loan spell for him and has secured another year with Leeds with the option to buy. Don’t think he’ll ever make it at Vitynbut should earn us a nice profit.

Patrick Roberts - frustrating again from the man with so much potential. I envisage that he will be loaned again next season but can’t see him ever being a fixture for us. We’ll do well to get a few million unless he has a turnaround year. Would love to see him loaned to a team that has possession. Brentford would be a good place for him or Norwich.

Lukas Nmecha - underwhelming yet again. Think it’s time to cut him loose. Can’t see him progressing past Championship level or a less demanding European league such as Belgium, Holland or France.

Angelino - impressed at RB Leipzig. I think he’s a useful option to have should we ever want to play wing backs. As a traditional full back his career may be elsewhere. Either way he’s a good squad option or £20m plus in the bank.

Matt Smith - after a great loan in Holland he’s had two poor spells in London. Needs to be playing at a technical team. Another loan in the championship will hopefully kick him on. Only 20, so time on his side and one good year can get him back on track.

Luke Bolton - started well and then faded at Luton as they fought for their lives. With Nathan Jones back at Luton, could be good to stay another year. Either way I think another loan in the championship will do him well.

Ko Itakura - impressed at Groningen, doubt he’ll ever be good enough for City. On loan for another year with Groningen. Hopefully he’ll do well and get us a few million in the bank.

Ryotaro Meshino - couple of flashes at Hearts but nothing else. A loan to Holland could be the answer and maybe Groningen would be a good fit.

Joel Latibeaudiere - didn’t really get much game time at Twente. Can’t see a future for him at City. needs a good loan to secure a move elsewhere and help him kick on.

Aro Muric - disaster at Forest. Rather than sit on our bench another loan, possibly abroad would be where I see him.

Phillipe Sandler - I don’t see a future path for him and his loan was cruelly ended with injury. Another season at Anderlecht would be ideal.

Aleix Garcia - had a productive loan spell in Belgium but won’t be returning. Hopefully he’ll get a move to a good club and fashion a decent career.

Claudio Gomes - hoping a move up to a the top league for him after impressing with Jong PSV.

Daniel Arzani - back fit and definitely needs a loan. Holland could be an ideal fit.

Erik Palmer Brown - played a lot in Austria can’t see anything other than a sale due to his age.

Illic Brothers - another season in Holland would be good, preferably in the top tier.

Ante Palaversa - injury spoiled his season but was making good progress. Could do a job for Vinnie at Anderlecht possibly?

Pedro Porro - didn’t feature in the last few months but made enough impact to get admiring glances from elsewhere. Mooted for a loan to Sporting Lisbon. Another year away will help his development.

Sure I’ve missed some, sure some others may be leaving too. Thoughts or any more knowledge would be welcome. Do we think any could do a job for us at present or in the future?

Some nice homework done there!

How many seasons left does Patrick Roberts have?

Think it might be just the one. I know he extended before going to Norwich, but had a great spell at Boro and the fans are big fans of him from what I see on Twitter. If Warnock wants him, I say let him go.

I didn't realise Alex Garcia was still on the books! I always liked him, shame he won't make it here but I'm sure he'll have a decent career

I thought Pep fancied Steffen as our cup keeper next season?

Luke Bolton has gone on loan to Dundee United today and apparently Iker Pozo is going on loan to FC Eindhoven in the Dutch second division.

I think the one player who needs a loan more than anyone this season is Felix Nmecha. He’s incredibly talented but he’s nearly 20 and needs game time now to take him up a level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.