Fyffes - e-mail them

morleyswife

info@fyffes.com

They were the original banana sponser/giver away of.

I remeber mine when i was 13. I remember deflating mine in block U of the north stand we were losing against Oxford but Steve fat arse Redmond scored 2 in the last mins of the game. **please correct me if I am wrong(stevie scoring 2 or against Oxford)
Anyway my memories of the Banana is the city fans in the away end against Bradford when it was a sea of bananas

I have e-mailed fyffes stating these facts and my fond memories and the potetial re-incarnation against Hamburg

It may come to nothing but feel free to ask them to provide free ones again against Hamburg

Worth a try!!

Anyone still got their free rubber keyrings they were throwing into the crown v Palace circa April '89?

morleyswife said:
info@fyffes.com

I remeber mine when i was 13. I remember deflating mine in block U of the north stand we were losing against Oxford but Steve fat arse Redmond scored 2 in the last mins of the game. **please correct me if I am wrong(stevie scoring 2 or against Oxford)
Anyway my memories of the Banana is the city fans in the away end against Bradford when it was a sea of bananas

I have e-mailed fyffes stating these facts and my fond memories and the potetial re-incarnation against Hamburg

It may come to nothing but feel free to ask them to provide free ones again against Hamburg

Worth a try!!
Redmond got the winner of a corner (norht stand) I thought Morley got the first,overhead kick if i remember rightly

sdm said:
morleyswife said:
info@fyffes.com

Worth a try!!
Redmond got the winner of a corner (norht stand) I thought Morley got the first,overhead kick if i remember rightly

You are probably right - has anyone e-mailed them?

Corky said:
Anyone still got their free rubber keyrings they were throwing into the crown v Palace circa April '89?

Yep, i've still got mine.......................and my inflatable banana signed by Imre Banana.

My e-mail to fyffes

Hi Sir/Madam

I am writing because of fond memories of your company as a Manchester City Fan

You company provided free inflatable fyffe bananas to City fans at the then Maine Road -1989 ish

This started as a craze amongst fans and people still remeber it

I write this as an oppurtunity for your company for free advertisement.

A considerable number of people are buying the bananas for the sell out game against Hamburg (48,000 and live on channel five) in the UEFA cup on the 16th of April at the City of Manchester Stadium <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113457</a>

If your company could provide free inflatable bananas I am confident that everyone would take them. Or even if you charged cost price then this could be good publicity

Many Thanks

morleyswife said:
My e-mail to fyffes

Hi Sir/Madam

I am writing because of fond memories of your company as a Manchester City Fan

You company provided free inflatable fyffe bananas to City fans at the then Maine Road -1989 ish

This started as a craze amongst fans and people still remeber it

I write this as an oppurtunity for your company for free advertisement.

A considerable number of people are buying the bananas for the sell out game against Hamburg (48,000 and live on channel five) in the UEFA cup on the 16th of April at the City of Manchester Stadium <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113457</a>

If your company could provide free inflatable bananas I am confident that everyone would take them. Or even if you charged cost price then this could be good publicity

Many Thanks

Good idea but a potential banana skin!!!!

see ya!!!!

Might have been a good idea to write a gramatically correct letter...! I doubt they can react to the timescales here - how the hell will they produce 10,000 inflatables before mid April (unless one of the 'incentive' firms do them which I doubt) but you never know they might have a shed load in a stock room gathering dust. No harm in asking.

It might be worth asking the club if they would consider getting some produced and have them sell them in the club shop the week of the game (they could put the date and fixture on them so they will become collectors items!) Might be a bit cheeky to ask for them to give them away given the price of tickets. I guess the issue again will be time scales but the club will be more committed to getting them than fyffes you'd hope.

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/wacky/inflatables/big-banana.html £5.80 for a 67" (5 foot 7) banana

banana.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.