GAA

Mayo, God help us!
Probably the two biggest Irish communities in Manchester are from Mayo and Donegal (like my own parents). Its almost as if they left the north west of Ireland and decided to set up in the north west if England.
There is also a suggestion that the ‘lazy scousers’ stereotype dates back to the fact that the large Irish community there were the ones who settled in the place where the boats landed and couldn’t be arsed going further afield in search of work

Probably the two biggest Irish communities in Manchester are from Mayo and Donegal (like my own parents). Its almost as if they left the north west of Ireland and decided to set up in the north west if England.
There is also a suggestion that the ‘lazy scousers’ stereotype dates back to the fact that the large Irish community there were the ones who settled in the place where the boats landed and couldn’t be arsed going further afield in search of work

I’ve known a lot of Irish from Donegal and Mayo over the years. I also worked in Sale for 5 years and came into contact with so many people who were from Mayo, it must be the biggest community in Manchester of Mayo people. It was so easy to recognise the accent as they all sounded just like my mum and dad!

I’ve known a lot of Irish from Donegal and Mayo over the years. I also worked in Sale for 5 years and came into contact with so many people who were from Mayo, it must be the biggest community in Manchester of Mayo people. It was so easy to recognise the accent as they all sounded just like my mum and dad!
Yeah, Mayo by a mile in Manchester

In my youth my mate and I were in Dingle Bay when Kerry reached the All Ireland Hurling final. The locals kidnapped us, bundled us into a van and drove us a few miles to a pub. There were were imprisonned in the back room and forced to drink many pints of the black stuff while we watched the game. I dont remember who won, but we were all shit faced. Excellent day.
I think you were very pissed if you think Kerry were playing hurling in an all Ireland final.

I went to the Tipperary v Mayo football semi final in 2016. Other than the result i enjoyed the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.