Gabby Logan

Keown talks a load of shite. Logan is pretty good and would have been thinking of the last couple of seasons at St James’ Park for the all conquering City. As the OP said, we’ve had a brilliant record overall there, over the last decade.

I am glad the BBC are now in position where Sir Micah ensures we get plenty of positive mentions too.

How much preparation does someone like Keown actually do for a co-commentator role though ? I expect he turned up at the ground an hour or two before kick off, and then went and had a chat with a few people and then went on air and says the first thing that struggles into his head, Mcminimum makes a living just repeating what the lead commentator has just said and adding the word "Fletch" . Spitty just relys on the fact he played for dipperp**l and you should be grateful for that ! Ratboy tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about, but has a tendency to go sulky when he realises, that you realise he is just Gary Neville! Whatever they say it's just filling time in a football match, it's mostly just filler . I reckon Keown doesn't even remember saying that line about city's first game if you stopped him and asked him to explain it, he would have to look at the tape first to make sure he said it .

There were a number of faux pas yesterday. Before the coverage it was announced we were going to watch Newcastle United playing Manchester United. Then when demonstrating his inside knowledge of Peps history Keown said something like 'Its like watching chess. Pep plays chess. He played world champion Gary Kasparov when he was on his sabbatical in New York just before he took the City job'. Clown.

How much preparation does someone like Keown actually do for a co-commentator role though ? I expect he turned up at the ground an hour or two before kick off, and then went and had a chat with a few people and then went on air and says the first thing that struggles into his head, Mcminimum makes a living just repeating what the lead commentator has just said and adding the word "Fletch" . Spitty just relys on the fact he played for dipperp**l and you should be grateful for that ! Ratboy tries to sound like he knows what he is talking about, but has a tendency to go sulky when he realises, that you realise he is just Gary Neville! Whatever they say it's just filling time in a football match, it's mostly just filler . I reckon Keown doesn't even remember saying that line about city's first game if you stopped him and asked him to explain it, he would have to look at the tape first to make sure he said it .

I don't know what his pre-match preparation is, but I know his pre-match meal is always freshly speared Woolly Mammoth.

cheezburger-image-2597833984

There were a number of faux pas yesterday. Before the coverage it was announced we were going to watch Newcastle United playing Manchester United. Then when demonstrating his inside knowledge of Peps history Keown said something like 'Its like watching chess. Pep plays chess. He played world champion Gary Kasparov when he was on his sabbatical in New York just before he took the City job'. Clown.
I did have a laugh when they compared the fullbacks to rooks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.