Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
His pace and finishing ability will be huge assets for us. Despite how well we've started the season, you can see a slight unbalance with the side still. Nolito is an excellent finisher and creative but he isn't going to beat a man on the outside for pace. De Bruyne is wasted being out wide because he's just so influential and needs to be more central. Navas is quick but wasteful in front of goal and doesn't regularly provide the right final ball.

Sterling has come on leaps and bounds and provides a constant threat out wide with his pace. He's also popped up more centrally with runs through the middle and has improved his finishing. Gabriel would provide the same on the opposite wing and that would give the opposition so much to worry about. Aguero is such a threat to the opposition but Spurs managed to nullify him somewhat by starving him of the ball through intelligent pressing of our players. It's an obvious play for him to look to run into space in behind and though we did have chances, Spurs defended this well for the most part. If you imagine a side with Silva, Fernandinho as the two central players and Sterling, De Bruyne, Jesus behind Aguero there will be so much fluidity it is much harder to press intelligently. There's also a hell of a lot of pace to contend with, Jesus played that pass to Neymar and then gets on the end of it. He covered the ground so quickly, to have him and Sterling capable of that will allow Aguero to be in goalscoring positions rather than running the channels.

Yes a midfield of Silva and Fernandinho might get overrun but against Spurs it was losing the ball in key areas that made a bigger impact. Fernando may as well not have been on the pitch. He didn't protect the defence and doesn't offer enough on the ball.

How much have we paid for Brazil's Number 9 who is just 19 years old............ £27m. Same as Benteke. In todays market an absolute steal.

How much have we paid for Brazil's Number 9 who is just 19 years old............ £27m. Same as Benteke. In todays market an absolute steal.
Indeed. Personally I prefer to look at it as 500k less than fellaini, it makes me feel even better but the point remains the same and is sound. Looks like it could end up being an absolute bargain.

He is brilliant as usual. I can't wait to see him at left wing this January or as a striker when Kun is not available and by that time football fan from other clubs will start to know his name. Recently he seems to play in caution way to avoid injury in Brazilian league. That is good for us.

He is brilliant as usual. I can't wait to see him at left wing this January or as a striker when Kun is not available and by that time football fan from other clubs will start to know his name. Recently he seems to play in caution way to avoid injury in Brazilian league. That is good for us.
Best way of getting injured is to try avoiding injury. In fact, I think he had an injury recently.

I think the word caution doesn't exist in Brazilian league and definitely not in Jesus dictionary.

o_P7d_c8_normal.jpg
Seleção Brasileira@BrazilStats2

GABRIEL JESUS: "Do I dream to become the best in the world? I chose Guardiola at City because I want to challenge myself and improve."

I like his attitude,confident but not too cocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.