Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how it will happen, but my prediction is that Jesus takes over as lead striker by middle of next season. we
That's optimistic but I doubt it Dax. For Jesus to get outright ahead of Aguero either Aguero's form has to drop off a cliff (which I doubt) or Jesus has to hit such heights that he can't not be played (which I doubt will happen next season).

The best hope is that Jesus hits the kind of levels whereby Pep is more comfortable rotating the pair. If Mendy's fit we might see two up top again at some point too.

I am confident he'll push on though to a level where he can challenge Aguero at least.

One thing that has disappointed me is how much Sam Lee is pushing the idea that City are looking to move him on, but he tends to push narratives that online City fans like so maybe I'm saying I'm disappointed how little faith some still have in him.

I don't know how it will happen, but my prediction is that Jesus takes over as lead striker by middle of next season. we
Could be. But since I think we have 2 more seasons of Aguero, I see next season as being more split near the end. Then in Aguero's last season, Jesus will take over, at this point, out of necessity because we would need him to be the main man the season after, with another young striker to push him following that.

He will pick the best performer. I also believe gabby will get much more game time this coming season, will break Karen's heart though.

That's optimistic but I doubt it Dax. For Jesus to get outright ahead of Aguero either Aguero's form has to drop off a cliff (which I doubt) or Jesus has to hit such heights that he can't not be played (which I doubt will happen next season).

The best hope is that Jesus hits the kind of levels whereby Pep is more comfortable rotating the pair. If Mendy's fit we might see two up top again at some point too.

I am confident he'll push on though to a level where he can challenge Aguero at least.

One thing that has disappointed me is how much Sam Lee is pushing the idea that City are looking to move him on, but he tends to push narratives that online City fans like so maybe I'm saying I'm disappointed how little faith some still have in him.
ike I said originally I have no clue how it would happen, it's just my sense. But if it were to happen, here is how it likely will occur

We start the season with Aguero, we are doing fine as we are superior to most. Then Aguero gets a 3 week injury. In that period, Jesus comes in, doesn't necessarily light it up, but scores and plays well. H

However our press is more intense. As Gabby is matched by Bernado and Debryune. Not to be left out, Sterling also ups his pressing ( which is normally very high in the first half of the season, but tails off later in the season.)

Suddenly, we are scoring for fun coz our press is suffocating teams. Even though the goalscoring is more spread around and not just to Gabby.

Aguero comes back, he is re -installed as starter and he resumes scoring at his usual rate, but we are not so intense anymore. Then the story becomes if we want to press like wild dogs you can only play one of Aguero, Dave and Mahrez. More than 1, and our press is distinctly softer. Dave and Kun are older and Mahres just doesn't have the press Gene.

At first you do matchings. Phil/Aguero and Jesus/ Dave. And then at some point, Pep just decides, Nope, I want that constant press. And Aguero becomes 1B instead of 1A.

It's not going to be a lack of scoring or loss of form that pushes Jesus over Aguero. It will be that he has become almost as good at scoring, but so much better at everything else.

Anyway, that's how it plays out in my intuition :)

Last edited:
He will pick the best performer. I also believe gabby will get much more game time this coming season, will break Karen's heart though.
More game time is fine but pushing sergio out won't happen,by the time gabby has had several goals ruled outfor offside he will be back on the bench,he needs to get the simple things right,sergio is and always will be the big game player ,he has 2 more seasons so just treasure that time

I'd be happy with that as it will mean he is playing better than Aguero,which will mean he is playing out of his skin and will be one of the best strikers in the world.

Despite what appears to be the case on here.......Praising Gabby,and hoping he does well,doesn't automatically equate to criticism of Aguero.Fans should want what is best for the club,instead of what is best for the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.