Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he first came he seemed electric, at the moment I don’t see what I originally saw for a long time.

Very much a team player however and I do get why Pep likes him.

I still don’t really see it with this guy. He’s got good movement and supports the system but you never see him produce moments of world class play really. Feels a bit like last season benzemma in terms of his role, maybe that’s ok, but we’d never live with him being our number one striker

He's a right 50p head. Can't head the ball to save his life. Missing a few easy chances so far this season.

I think he's over complicating the chances. He just needs to focus on meeting the ball with his forehead and the ball will end up in the net. From inside the 6 yard box there is very little chance of a goalkeeper making a save unless it's straight at him.

I still don’t really see it with this guy. He’s got good movement and supports the system but you never see him produce moments of world class play really. Feels a bit like last season benzemma in terms of his role, maybe that’s ok, but we’d never live with him being our number one striker

Don't think many teams could live with a 21 year old being their main striker.

His last ditch goal against Southampton was more than world class. Brilliant first touch off a difficult through ball and perfectly timed lob under quite a bit of pressure (if he had missed, he would have been fairly well roasted as costing us a century). Then his finish at Wembley against Spurs - absolutely critical goal very nicely dispatched. And the opener at the Etihad clinically taken, which could (maybe should) have sparked an unforgettable comeback.

I don't think there's any reason for concern or to doubt he can be everything us City fans and the Brazilian fans hoped he could be from his breakout season in the Brazilian PL/national team in the Olympics. Lets not forget how much he's had to take in for a striker that joined at 19, new country, new league, Peps instructions, his first major injury set back.

This season he can hopefully kick on, he's settled enough in England, knows the tactics, the league, formed relationships with his teammates. As twosips said on his channel he needs a big game to kickstart the season for himself, to give him the confidence and that spark back, then he'll hopefully start flourishing and shaking things up at the top level.

This season we should see the real Gabby Jesus IMO.

When he first came he seemed electric, at the moment I don’t see what I originally saw for a long time.

Very much a team player however and I do get why Pep likes him.

I think he is suffering from the same thing that happened to Dzeko.

Second choice strikers who know they can't get ahead of Aguero seem to eventually start playing down to it, or the interrupted game.time stops them from playing with the confidence and flair that got is to buy them in the first place.

If Sergio left tomorrow, Jesus would probably be back to his best after a couple of months starting.

Until he actually leaves, Gabby will just have to adapt to being a second choice and performing from the bench/2 starts a month, or hopefully form a great partnership and force Pep to play them both more often.

Gabriel is coming along just fine. He's more than carrying his weight playing under the greatest striker in PL history. He's getting a PL goal every 119 minutes and in that same time frame Kun is getting one in 107. Until this season (and some of last) he was levels ahead of Aguero in doing the gritty stuff from the front. He's had a few injuries and a good chunk of his minutes have come off the bench. He's had to acclimate to a new country, culture, and climate. We don't need him to play like Ronaldo or to score the types of goals that Aguero does. He's not scoring the goals that Aguero is famous for because he doesn't attempt to play like Aguero (rightfully so). Aguero is more aggressive with his shot selection and takes on defenders at a much higher rate so of course he'l score more attractive goals. Both of them are playing for the team and not the individual.

We know Aguero is without a doubt a top 3 striker in PL history. According to many Jesus needs to improve his finishing, he can't head the ball, and he's apparently been out of form and lost that spark that he showed up with. If those things are true then why is the greatest in history getting about 0.85 goals a game and Jesus getting around 0.80 since Jesus arrival?

He's fine and he's better than he appears.

Gabriel is coming along just fine. He's more than carrying his weight playing under the greatest striker in PL history. He's getting a PL goal every 119 minutes and in that same time frame Kun is getting one in 107. Until this season (and some of last) he was levels ahead of Aguero in doing the gritty stuff from the front. He's had a few injuries and a good chunk of his minutes have come off the bench. He's had to acclimate to a new country, culture, and climate. We don't need him to play like Ronaldo or to score the types of goals that Aguero does. He's not scoring the goals that Aguero is famous for because he doesn't attempt to play like Aguero (rightfully so). Aguero is more aggressive with his shot selection and takes on defenders at a much higher rate so of course he'l score more attractive goals. Both of them are playing for the team and not the individual.

We know Aguero is without a doubt a top 3 striker in PL history. According to many Jesus needs to improve his finishing, he can't head the ball, and he's apparently been out of form and lost that spark that he showed up with. If those things are true then why is the greatest in history getting about 0.85 goals a game and Jesus getting around 0.80 since Jesus arrival?

He's fine and he's better than he appears.

I think he's fucking fantastic.

No idea why anyone particularly criticises him about anything compared to any of our other best players tbh.

I can only assume folks are expecting him to be a different kind of player than the one he is & judging him on that.

He is top drawer and his record so far with us is outstanding. Personally, I feel the best football we played last season was with Jesus flanked by Sane and Sterling. That's a deadly trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.