Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said a harsh word about the lad till now but not sure now what it is he's best at. Maybe he's better in midfield or alongside a big striker to feed off because sole striker does not seem to be working .

Never said a harsh word about the lad till now but not sure now what it is he's best at. Maybe he's better in midfield or alongside a big striker to feed off because sole striker does not seem to be working .
I figured as much. We need to get another striker in the forthcoming transfer window.

We lose a game and suddenly he is scapegoated for a performance where he got subbed in after the heads dropped in the 2nd half. The other players were out of ideas and were not supplying him with good enough chances. Had 1 decent opportunity which Kepa saved very well. It is not his fault that Sterling and Sane messed around the box in the first half and forgot how to shoot. Collectively poor and we were mainly let down by poor execution of opportunities, which Chelsea on the other hand easily converted twice.

I have found an interesting stat regarding Jesus on the Premier league website which confirms him as having the best shot accuracy in the Premier league thus far this season but also of any current Premier league player from all seasons played in their premier league career.

Jesus shooting accuracy this season is 57% and overall in premier career is also 57%. Only Aubameyang hits 50% of current players, all the rest are below 50%. No one comes near to him for accuracy not even Kane or Salah. Now if only he would stay onside more often! For record Aguero is 35% this season. Sterling is next best for City this season on 53%.

I have a different and more important statistic for this PL season:

Time for a goal needed:

Jesus 1 goal in 507 minutes = 507 minutes for 1goal.
Sterling 8 goals in 1116 minutes = 140 minutes for 1 goal.
Sane 6 goals in 826 minutes = 138 minutes for 1 goal.
Aguero 8 goals in 965 minutes = 121 minutes for 1 goal.

Jesus is underperforming this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.