Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hyperbole is impressive. We didn’t lose that game because Jesus didn’t start however much you woman and moan to the contrary.

One post is hardly bitching and moaning.

It’s not about Jesus, it’s about a shape change where we don’t play our most balanced attack.
We have dropped 21 points since the start of last season, 19 of those points have been dropped when we’ve opted away from Sané, Aguero/Jesus, Sterling up front.

It’s not about Jesus, it’s about a shape change where we don’t play our most balanced attack.
We have dropped 21 points since the start of last season, 19 of those points have been dropped when we’ve opted away from Sané, Aguero/Jesus, Sterling up front.
That`s a very interesting stat

I have a different and more important statistic for this PL season:

Time for a goal needed:

Jesus 1 goal in 507 minutes = 507 minutes for 1goal.
Sterling 8 goals in 1116 minutes = 140 minutes for 1 goal.
Sane 6 goals in 826 minutes = 138 minutes for 1 goal.
Aguero 8 goals in 965 minutes = 121 minutes for 1 goal.

Jesus is underperforming this season.
As a City fan I look for the positives rather than the negatives. Jesus has only started 4 league games this season in comparison to the others you mention above. A few minutes here or there is not going to help him get consistency. He does need to take his good chances better and that has been his downfall this season he has missed big chances, but I think this is down to being left out of the team, he probably feels Guardiola doesn’t trust him enough. Last season Salah missed 23 big chances more than any player but still went on to become top scorer in league.

I agree that Sterling/ Mahrez upfront didn’t work well yesterday but I assume that the games where we have dropped points are against our main rivals where we’ve sought to bolster the middle of the pitch. We have changed formation because we were worried about the opposition rather than dropping points because we changed the formation.

You don't become Brazil's number 9 if you are crap, and that superb Southampton finish last season to make us Centurions proves he has got the class to be in our team for years to come once Aguero goes back to Argentina.
Every time Aguero is out Jesus should start otherwise what sort of message is that giving him... no wonder he is short of confidence.

I agree that Sterling/ Mahrez upfront didn’t work well yesterday but I assume that the games where we have dropped points are against our main rivals where we’ve sought to bolster the middle of the pitch. We have changed formation because we were worried about the opposition rather than dropping points because we changed the formation.

To a point, I agree. A few shape changes have come against the better sides, but not exclusively. Wolves, Everton, Palace & Burnley off the top of my head we’ve dropped points against with a system change or rather an inverted winger.

At Liverpool where we’ve had a few hidings it makes sense, but Chelsea have been struggling, we nobbed them last season with Jesus, Sané & Sterling. Their defence is their main weakness.
We helped them whilst hindering ourselves with our shape.
In my opinion obviously.

Gabriel, like all payers at some point during their careers, is having a dip in form. I think he's thinking too much about his game when he has he chance to score. This is natural for one so young, however, if he wants to elevate himself to the top bracket he needs to return to his incredible work rate of last year. I noticed his pressing has dropped a tad - only slightly - but that makes a huge difference. He'll be fine in my opinion and, like a lot of our squad, will be helped when king Kev returns to spot his early runs.

I have a different and more important statistic for this PL season:

Time for a goal needed:

Jesus 1 goal in 507 minutes = 507 minutes for 1goal.
Sterling 8 goals in 1116 minutes = 140 minutes for 1 goal.
Sane 6 goals in 826 minutes = 138 minutes for 1 goal.
Aguero 8 goals in 965 minutes = 121 minutes for 1 goal.

Jesus is underperforming this season.
Has to be the most meaningless stat posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.