#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask any team in the prem whether they want to see sergio playing they will say no,i respond mostly to those who say that sergio will be the back up striker to gabby and similar nonsense,i'm a supporter of sergio at his peak rather than being against gabby

Both are fantastic players but you do have a tendency to jump on anyone who dares to suggest Jesus should start ahead of Aguero. They are different beasts, bringing a slightly different offering to the table, but equally capable of brilliance. Just celebrate we have both on our books rather than favour one over the other.

Gen question, why wouldn't you want Jesus there to score it?
It's not what i want,most posts when he plays say how he holds the ball up and makes space for others,maybe i'm old fashioned but i want the striker to be on the end of that scoring the goals,they are different types of strikers if you like,i prefer one type over the other,the one who is at the top of his game as in scoring,it's a preference

It's not what i want,most posts when he plays say how he holds the ball up and makes space for others,maybe i'm old fashioned but i want the striker to be on the end of that scoring the goals,they are different types of strikers if you like,i prefer one type over the other,the one who is at the top of his game as in scoring,it's a preference
And most (inc me ) have no issue with you having such a preference especially as you explain your rationale. Others will have a differing preference for their reasons too.

Ask any team in the prem whether they want to see sergio playing they will say no,i respond mostly to those who say that sergio will be the back up striker to gabby and similar nonsense,i'm a supporter of sergio at his peak rather than being against gabby

I completely understand where you’re coming from and the point you’re making. A few years back we all assumed this would be Sergio’s final season here but wouldn’t it be better if we split the games, gave Jesus a few chances in the bigger games at home, rotated Kun a little more, found out if Jesus is capable to lead the line as our first 11 striker in the big matches, and kept Kun for another season or two?

At this point, Jesus needs his confidence built
up and Sergio knows he’s undisputedly our first choice striker. I think it means more for the squad to get Jesus going. there isn’t a single worry about any of our players barring Angelino so any lineup we trot out isn’t going to bother me in the slightest but we can start preparing for down the road.

I’d like to see 3 ATB and both of them playing today TBH.

I completely understand where you’re coming from and the point you’re making. A few years back we all assumed this would be Sergio’s final season here but wouldn’t it be better if we split the games, gave Jesus a few chances in the bigger games at home, rotated Kun a little more, found out if Jesus is capable to lead the line as our first 11 striker in the big matches, and kept Kun for another season or two?

At this point, Jesus needs his confidence built
up and Sergio knows he’s undisputedly our first choice striker. I think it means more for the squad to get Jesus going. At this point, there isn’t a single worry about any of our players barring Angelino so any lineup we trot out isn’t going to bother me in the slightest but we can start preparing for down the road.

I’d like to see 3 ATB and both of them playing today TBH.
You play your big game player and best striker in the big games,we haven't achieved what we have without sticking to that,2 yrs in advance is too early to be handing over the reigns when sergio is at his peak imo,in the prem and CL at least,i expect he will get more game time although that will be based on what he does for us and not what he did in the summer,pep didn't trust him much in the run in so he obviously favours sergio,i think gabby and dzeko have the same problem,they are not sergio,i thought gabby would come of age and push on after the 100pt goal but it hasn't really happened,he is a good player but frustrates me more than anything,i am happy if he plays well and gets the goals because that means we win games which is what we all want

You play your big game player and best striker in the big games,we haven't achieved what we have without sticking to that,2 yrs in advance is too early to be handing over the reigns when sergio is at his peak imo,in the prem and CL at least,i expect he will get more game time although that will be based on what he does for us and not what he did in the summer,pep didn't trust him much in the run in so he obviously favours sergio,i think gabby and dzeko have the same problem,they are not sergio,i thought gabby would come of age and push on after the 100pt goal but it hasn't really happened,he is a good player but frustrates me more than anything,i am happy if he plays well and gets the goals because that means we win games which is what we all want

True and fair enough. Big season for gabby and stones both. It’ll save us a ton of money if they both break out and peak this season. I’m
Betting they both will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.