#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is only with posters, one in particular, who claim GJ is "World Class as always"

To be fair, that kid's a bit of blinkered fanboy and a bit daft in general. Plus, I think some of the overzealous positive comments are a bit of a reaction to some of the over the top morons shitting on Gabby after any game he doesn't score.

I have compiled the following table of Premier League strikers who have scored 15 or more goals in all competitions:

Striker TotalGoals MinsPerGoal
Aguero 21 71
Ings 16 110
Jesus 16 113
Vardy 17 114
Rashford 19 122
Sterling 20 130
Kane 17 131
Aubameyang 16 134
Salah 15 150
Abraham 15 153

It sometimes feels to me as if the brilliance of Aguero blinds us to the achievements of Jesus who is comfortably outperforming nearly everyone else on a Minutes per Goal basis - including the able but less talented Rashford.

I have compiled the following table of Premier League strikers who have scored 15 or more goals in all competitions:

Striker TotalGoals MinsPerGoal
Aguero 21 71
Ings 16 110
Jesus 16 113
Vardy 17 114
Rashford 19 122
Sterling 20 130
Kane 17 131
Aubameyang 16 134
Salah 15 150
Abraham 15 153

It sometimes feels to me as if the brilliance of Aguero blinds us to the achievements of Jesus who is comfortably outperforming nearly everyone else on a Minutes per Goal basis - including the able but less talented Rashford.
Don't forget, goals are scored by a team, not by a player. The game has evolved, and best teams move the ball, attack and defend like a unit, with strikers and playmakers being just parts of the machine. Hence goals/assists stats are far less informative than 20-30 years ago.

Jesus wouldn't score this amount for Arsenal or Leicester as they create less opportunities for strikers.

I prefer good old 'eye test' when judging players, strikers including. For me, Jesus hasn't really improved since coming to Manchester. No matter how impressive his stats are, I don't believe he's going to become a top №9 - the dynamics of his development isn't good enough. Wonderful player for a club like Roma or Arsenal, not for a team aspiring for CL domination.

Don't forget, goals are scored by a team, not by a player. The game has evolved, and best teams move the ball, attack and defend like a unit, with strikers and playmakers being just parts of the machine. Hence goals/assists stats are far less informative than 20-30 years ago.

Jesus wouldn't score this amount for Arsenal or Leicester as they create less opportunities for strikers.

I prefer good old 'eye test' when judging players, strikers including. For me, Jesus hasn't really improved since coming to Manchester. No matter how impressive his stats are, I don't believe he's going to become a top №9 - the dynamics of his development isn't good enough. Wonderful player for a club like Roma or Arsenal, not for a team aspiring for CL domination.

He is more than good enough to be part of this squad and if we don't give him the opportunity to replace Aguero he will leave. He is far too good to be a back-up striker but fair play to the lad, he has accepted it because he acknowledges who he is back-up to. Once Aguero goes, Jesus deserves to be our main striker and then it is up to him whether or not he takes advantage of the opportunity. Fans, rightly or wrongly believe that Foden deserves the chance to replace Silva, for me, Jesus is just as deserving, if not more so of the chance to replace the guy he has been back-up to.

What has Aguero done in CL during these 10 years -> to help Manchester City dominate ?

I remember two missed penalties in quarter finals: Against PSG and against SPURS.
Missed penalty against Barcelona..
Missed chances against Monaco... Shit performances against Madrid and etc.

And he says that Jesus isn't good enough to help team - dominate in CL :D

Jesus has been brilliant for Brazil in playoffs.. Scored goal against Liverpool last year and has a future ahead of him..

What we can say for sure is, that Aguero has done literally nothing to help team dominate in Champions League..

What we can say for sure is, that Jesus has big potential and opportunity to help team dominate in Champions League..

So, some of the so called Experts here - can have a cup of tea and relax..

What has Aguero done in CL during these 10 years -> to help Manchester City dominate ?

I remember two missed penalties in quarter finals: Against PSG and against SPURS.
Missed penalty against Barcelona..
Missed chances against Monaco... Shit performances against Madrid and etc.

And he says that Jesus isn't good enough to help team - dominate in CL :D

Jesus has been brilliant for Brazil in playoffs.. Scored goal against Liverpool last year and has a future ahead of him..

What we can say for sure is, that Aguero has done literally nothing to help team dominate in Champions League..

What we can say for sure is, that Jesus has big potential and opportunity to help team dominate in Champions League..

So, some of the so called Experts here - can have a cup of tea and relax..
We have been below average as a whole team in the CL.
Digging out Aguero just makes you sound like a bit of a dick.

Three missed important penalties speak by themselves..

As for "user" above me - I hope moderation will act like they should and he / she will have time have a rest and dedicate more time to his / her "family" or job - if his / her intellectual abilities make it possible for him / her to work somewhere (which I doubt :D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.