#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Pep and the staff spoke to him immediately at half time about the stuttering.

personally would have taken him off after he did it the second time. I was seriously angry. Maybe that would make him realize his fuck up. Gabby missed two golden chances, and as a striker you simply can’t piss about with such chances. You simply have to take the shot, if it’s saved alright but at least try.

That stupid stutter might work in training against Bravo or some Under-14s keeper but there is a mountain of evidence that it doesn’t work in real matches

He needs to pack it in and concentrate on hitting the target.

The stutter isn’t an issue when you have enough time to do it. He didn’t recognise that the defenders were too close to him to do such a trick. The main issue (as you correctly highlighted) is not hitting the target, which is an issue across our team.

Thought he played well, obviously his finishing was terrible but everything else was decent. I'd keep playing him there as i think him and Aguero are a good partnership, but i don't think Pep agrees.

A very technically and gifted player combined with an amazing work ethic and fight/drive......however natural goalscoring instincts you just cannot teach or learn - When Kun says goodbye to us we need to add another forward as GJ alone isnt enough and no where near clinical enough and i dont believe he ever will be - he has had 3 years and isnt getting better

Thought he played well, obviously his finishing was terrible but everything else was decent. I'd keep playing him there as i think him and Aguero are a good partnership, but i don't think Pep agrees.

He made no attempt to finish, with only the keeper to beat, which is the worrying part and something a layman finds impossible to understand. But it runs in the team with Sterling and Silva being other examples. Incredibly frustrating.

He made no attempt to finish, with only the keeper to beat, which is the worrying part and something a layman finds impossible to understand. But it runs in the team with Sterling and Silva being other examples. Incredibly frustrating.
It's just a running theme with players trying to tap it into an open net. One of the best players at taking it early and getting it on target was David Villa, i'm surprised we haven't got him on the coaching staff to work with the players on finishing whenever an opportunity presents itself.

The stutter isn’t an issue when you have enough time to do it. He didn’t recognise that the defenders were too close to him to do such a trick. The main issue (as you correctly highlighted) is not hitting the target, which is an issue across our team.

Disagree. First one he had no fucking idea which way to go or what to do. Keeper stopped him in his tracks and then the defence recovered. The defenders wouldn’t have been near him had he just fucking shot.

Last edited:
Can't disagree with all the comments but I think he is going to be a fantastic player.
I get the frustration but he certainly works the defenders and if he had put a couple of those away last night we would be six more pages on.
If I had to say a stand out for him is he doesn't go missing when things don't come off. He is special, hasn't played in a while but I thought he turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.