#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amount of times I say to myself ‘fuck sake Jesus, what a great ball in that is’. He just doesn’t seem to have the instinct in the box we need. Works his ass off, has some cracking moments but fuck me, he frustrates the crap out of me.

Plus he can't head a ball correctly, at all.

You just can't trust him to edge you the win. I don't think there's a City fan that would be confident if Jesus was bearing down on goal in the final minutes of the CL final.

said something similar - put Jesus in the exact spot that Kun was for the fist league win with Mancini - does he score? Im not confident he does - he doesnt strike the ball cleanly consistently and im

He is a very skillful player with bags of energy and link up play BUT he is not a natural goal scorer - he doesnt have that killer instinct -

I hate to say it but look at he way the likes of Greenwood stikes a ball (for his two goals yesterday - does Jesus score either of those - again i dont think he does.

He has numerous times though.

How can you dislike Gabriel? He's a very good footballer and he always plays his heart out. I don't understand how you can dislike him as a player or a person.

I think it's arrogant to think we could have anyone better in his role.

Its not about not liking him.....and he has tonnes of positives (as you say work rate as well as link up play, pressing from the front etc) BUT when the chips are down you sometimes need a goal scorer and GJ has shown over thelast few seasons that the vat majority of his goals are laid on a plate for him (and while this takes undoubted talent with his movement in the box) the best strikers are far much ore than that...all strikers will get those goals from 6-8 yds out if their movement is good enough (and Jesus' is) BUT strikers like Kun, Henry, drogba, Mane make their own goals as well.

Pep in a recent interview whenasked about missing aguero sand he satarted talking about Jesus in connection with this. He said something abou things you have with Kun that you dont get with Jesus and things you hae with Jesus that you dont get with Kun...I think we ALL know what those are:

Jesus - better at pressing and defending from the front. Higher work rate and better link up play (though Kuns has improved massively). Poor finisher in comparrison

Kun - Lethal finisher - will score goals from everywhere. puts fear into defenders......lacks the pressing/work rate of GJ but gives you goals and is much more of a cleaner striker of the ball and when the chips are down is much more likely to grab you a goal.

said something similar - put Jesus in the exact spot that Kun was for the fist league win with Mancini - does he score? Im not confident he does - he doesnt strike the ball cleanly consistently and im

He is a very skillful player with bags of energy and link up play BUT he is not a natural goal scorer - he doesnt have that killer instinct -

I hate to say it but look at he way the likes of Greenwood stikes a ball (for his two goals yesterday - does Jesus score either of those - again i dont think he does.

Totally agree there. A natural striker has a certain fluidity and technique when striking the ball that Jesus doesn't have. And it isn't even a case of us not being confident in him finishing big chances; he himself isn't. It may be an unpopular opinion but Jesus took the easy way out when he felt a little pressure from Ramos and fell to the floor instead of risking missing a chance. Aguero may or may not have missed the chance but he for sure isn't going down in that situation especially considering how vital another away goal would be. It's those little margins, even in games where Jesus performs well, that could ultimately cost us. A striker has to be high on the wishlist this summer; someone like Haaland would do wonders here.

Totally agree there. A natural striker has a certain fluidity and technique when striking the ball that Jesus doesn't have. And it isn't even a case of us not being confident in him finishing big chances; he himself isn't. It may be an unpopular opinion but Jesus took the easy way out when he felt a little pressure from Ramos and fell to the floor instead of risking missing a chance. Aguero may or may not have missed the chance but he for sure isn't going down in that situation especially considering how vital another away goal would be. It's those little margins, even in games where Jesus performs well, that could ultimately cost us. A striker has to be high on the wishlist this summer; someone like Haaland would do wonders here.

we wont get another striker this summer BUT this summer should leave us free to prioritise that for next summer (Obviously dependant upon the CAS verdict - not top player is coming with a 2 year europe ban)

Like the lad , great attitude and a team player who gives his all but we need a more clinical striker , his stats are excellent but he goes missing in games to often ,would never sell him , but maybe someone like Haaland would be worth a punt defo got potential we also need a top level £100m striker to replace Aguero in 12 months ,but not many , if any , of them about.

what position does greenwood play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.