Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. teddykgb

teddykgb

I’ve been a big fan of his and thought he’d make the jump but he’s just not flashing a strikers instinct. He’s not finding the jammy goals, not finding pockets, nothing is coming off. It’s not a matter of not being Aguero and more a matter of just not being effective enough. That match today was one where you just need a striker to find one.

2. Ezzy

Ezzy

Team supported:
    Man City
    yeahs,he's very clinical. First game of his that I watched yesterday.

but is he just an inside forward then? or can he dribble like a winger?

because all I keep hearing when I see people praise Greenwood is that
    "He's an amazing finisher and 2 footed"

is he a bit like Rashford? In the sense that he's neither a winger or a striker type of thing?

3. kippaxchris

kippaxchris

Not good enough for City.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. ws01

ws01

He wasn't a natural finisher when he joined us, still isn't now, and don't think he'll ever be. There isn't that killer instinct for goal.

He's a classic Brazilian flair player, with bags of tricks and who loves to run at people, but that's being coached out of him. Pep is trying to turn him into something he's not and it isn't working. If we played him on the wing exclusively we'd get a lot better value out of him.

5. Tb1981

Tb1981

Another one we need to sell and replace
    This squad just needs freshening up
    Jesus, Zinchenko, Silva, Sane, otamendi bravo and stones will all need replacing

6. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

9 games without a goal is criminal when you are in the same team as Silva, De Bruyne etc

cartmel blues and Blu1 like this.
  7. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

He's a centreforward that temporary plugs the hole on the right, as Daniel James is bang average. He'll move inside once he matures a bit

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

His runs are a second too soon or a second too late. Either offside or a brilliant cross just flashes inches in front of him. Not sure what is up with the lad since we started up again. Maybe he needs to relax a little bit as he looks like the cares of the world are on his shoulder just now.

Newman Noggs and argyle like this.
  9. bondsman

bondsman

I don’t see the flair bit. Occasional flick but Neymar, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Robinho were flair players.

10. bluemoon32

bluemoon32

Works hard and is a great team player, not sure he's a main lone striker though

cartmel blues and argyle like this.