#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one we need to sell and replace
This squad just needs freshening up
Jesus, Zinchenko, Silva, Sane, otamendi bravo and stones will all need replacing

fully agree. I would even throw fern & gundy into this list sadly due to age & being slow.

9 games without a goal is criminal when you are in the same team as Silva, De Bruyne etc

That's such a bullshit stat.

For a start, it's 8 games. Secondly he only started 5 of them, and one of those he was not playing up front.

And if you look at his last 10 games, it includes the only goal of the game vs. Leicester and the goal in the Champions League last 16, 2 massive goals.

Another one we need to sell and replace
This squad just needs freshening up
Jesus, Zinchenko, Silva, Sane, otamendi bravo and stones will all need replacing
You don’t sell him with our current situation. We’ve lost Sane and will lose Silva this season and probably Agüero next. With our defensive issues you can’t just replace half the team, nor is it realistic.

We do need to use Jesus differently though and we will need a proper out and out striker to replace Agüero. Jesus should be used as a wide player, second striker or a false nine. Just smashing balls into him in the middle of a packed area isn’t gonna work.

That's such a bullshit stat.

For a start, it's 8 games. Secondly he only started 5 of them, and one of those he was not playing up front.

And if you look at his last 10 games, it includes the only goal of the game vs. Leicester and the goal in the Champions League last 16, 2 massive goals.

I accpet he has a decent run before lockdown but he hasn't followed it up. He is simply not up to it, in my opinion and I've had that opinion for about 18 months if not longer so this is not some knee-jerk post

He wasn't a natural finisher when he joined us, still isn't now, and don't think he'll ever be. There isn't that killer instinct for goal.

He's a classic Brazilian flair player, with bags of tricks and who loves to run at people, but that's being coached out of him. Pep is trying to turn him into something he's not and it isn't working. If we played him on the wing exclusively we'd get a lot better value out of him.

He can't control the ball.

I accpet he has a decent run before lockdown but he hasn't followed it up. He is simply not up to it, in my opinion and I've had that opinion for about 18 months if not longer so this is not some knee-jerk post

He suffers with the comparison to Aguero, and clearly has confidence issues at times, but objectively he's a huge asset to the side.

This season he's scored 18 and has 11 assists - 29 total at something like one every 88 mins.

De Bruyne has 13 goals and 20 assists - 33 total at one every 95 mins.

Yet, one is the best player in the country and the other is a liability?

He also compares favourably with the other favourite for player of the year, Sadio Mane - 32 goals/assists at one every 106 minutes.

Looking at the match history on whoscored as it's a nice visual way of showing how so many players score/assist in clusters then have slower patches. Again, De Bruyne had a run of 11 starts earlier this season with just 3 goal contributions - that's a lot worse than Jesus' last 11 starts.

His contribution is really impressive, and as Pep's suggested many times, his overall contribution to our pressing/possession game is better than Sergio's. Sergio is the most effective striker in Premier League history, so it's unlikely anyone would match up, but he's as successful as just about anyone else in the league.

Totally agree with these comments
People say he works hard and runs all day .
So would Paula Radcliffe but you wouldn’t put her up front .
Needs gone this summer
he has had long enough now and we need that extra edge if we are to challenge again next season. we really miss Sergio and need to bring a striker in to learn from him before he goes home .

Apart from his goal at Burnley, I cant remember a goal scored by him out of nothing.

yeah, I remember thinking "where the hell did that come from?", and that's not what you want to think about your Brazilian #9.

By contrast, 20 years ago Ronaldo was 23 and had just started picking up his crippling injuries.

So to contrast Jesus at end of this season, versus Ronaldo at end of 1999/00 season.

League Apps: Ronaldo - 155, Jesus - 143.
League Goals: Ronaldo - 130, Jesus - 53.
Total Club Apps: Ronaldo - 236, Jesus - 226.
Total Club Goals: Ronaldo - 197, Jesus - 91.
Int. Apps: Ronaldo - 54, Jesus - 39.
Int. Goals: Ronaldo - 36, Jesus - 18.

Cumulative Total:
Ronaldo Apps: 290, Goals: 233.
Jesus Apps: 265, Goals: 109.

We were promised the next Brazilian #9. We got him, though we were expecting Ronaldo and got Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.