Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. Blue Alex

Blue Alex

Gabriel Jesus to Esporte Interativo about Agüero's competition :

‌I confess that the time to wait already passed obviously i'm at City i'm gonna complete 4 years next year and offcourse that makes me want to play more, however i respect and i understand the option from the manager i respect my teammate Sergio and i respect his history with the club and what he is still doing, a lot of people say: "wow Gabriel is warming the bench for Sergio" but they forget that i'm in the bench not because of bad form but because how in excepctional form he is, he is the biggest idol of the club and the all time top scorer, i keep giving my best as i always do i work hard on training sessions and when i play i have good performances and i score goals i don't have much more to say i just need to work and when i get an opportunity i will deliver .

2. twosips

twosips

Interesting. He's very polite and very respectful but naturally he's hinted that at some point he'll want to play. I suspect that Pep might start to actually rely on him next season anyway.

3. karen7

karen7

Gabriel Jesus: "I've learnt not how to wait but how to understand this situation. Personally, last season was very hard. I didn't get the chance to play in many games and many important games..." [via @MailSport]

4. karen7

karen7

Gabriel Jesus on not playing against Spurs in the Champions League last season: "I was very frustrated about not playing and, of course, City being knocked out. It does hurt when you don't get chances in important games so I was disappointed at the end of last season..."

"I think that's normal and I've never been unprofessional about it. I was very upset but I did understand. I kept my mind in the right place and finished the season playing a [FA Cup] final and scoring twice..."

"During my holidays I could see ahead and project this season differently. I've played six games so far, playing well and scoring goals. That's my focus, I don't want to steal anyone's spot in the first team. Things happen naturally." [via @MailSport]

5. mdj0520

mdj0520

Had a quick look... Out of curiosity as I always thought aguero got premier League and Jesus got cups including champions League.

Both had 46 appearances last year, assuming Jesus had more sub appearances. I think that's probably fair for a 22 year old, though I he is being really understanding and reasonable in those quotes. I like him and hope he gets the starts that will make him feel valued as I would trust him post aguero to become our first choice.

6. The Fat el Hombre

The Fat el Hombre

Love the kid and would be criminal to let him go. Hope hes happy with what he gets this season, whatever that may be. If we're gonna lose Sane we dont wanna lose this lad too

7. domalino

domalino

I think we're going to have to start playing them together at times.

8. Fil Phoden

Fil Phoden

now we can, since we have the proper fullbacks

SWP's back likes this.
  9. ws01

ws01

I think we can definitely play Jesus on the wing occasionally - in fact, he seems to play better out wide

10. Easy

Easy

Jesus should play LW some times to rest Sterling. He’s good there also and works hard.