#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a team game and about how the team plays and how many goal the team score with him in the team, we score plenty which is why he'll be a key team member as long a Peps here, probably longer. Like it or don't he isn't going anywhere.

Why are you even bothering replying to someone who thinks 4 goals and 2 assists in the last 5 games is "shit for weeks"?

The expectations from some people of a relatively young, second choice striker who only gets a run when the main man is injured and the rest of the time gets a start every now and then are ridiculous. His all round contribution to the way we play is excellent and once he gets a run he always starts scoring goals after a couple of games, once he has found his rhythm. As nice as it would be to have a 50 goal a season striker sat on the bench waiting for League Cup games to come round, I don't think it's going to happen. I think we have been fortunate over the last few seasons to have had a player of his quality prepared to accept his role in the squad in the manner that he has without any fuss and always busting a gut for the team when he gets on the pitch. I think he's been an absolute credit and for all the bullshit about him not being good enough, his contribution overall has been excellent when he has been called upon.

I have already accepted that he had a decent run prior to lockdown, which included Real Madrid. He got my hopes up - but again, he's been shit for weeks and has regressed since his decent run and gone back to normal i.e very dissapointing

He's one of the players we could get decent money for and I would take that opportunity if we could
I'm not sure what player you're watching but I thought Jesus played one of his best games yesterday. I don't know of any other forward who puts in the work rate like he does & that is exactly what Pep wants from his team. It's not about individual goal tally's it's about being part of the machine. He's always high pressing defenders forcing them into mistakes. It's not an issue that he doesn't score 30 goals a season because the system & rotation during the game allows others to score. As for his finishing he's a natural & probably doesn't get the credit he deserves. The only down side I would say is gets himself offside too often, but that side he will learn to adapt.

Last edited:
I have already accepted that he had a decent run prior to lockdown, which included Real Madrid. He got my hopes up - but again, he's been shit for weeks and has regressed since his decent run and gone back to normal i.e very dissapointing

He's one of the players we could get decent money for and I would take that opportunity if we could

Aguero starts - we average 2.4 goals a game
Jesus starts - we average 2.9 goals a game

If Harry Kane had the chances fall to him that was laid on a plate for Jesus this season he’d have scored 50 goals in all comps. We’re Manchester City and Gabriel Jesus isn’t good enough to lead the line for us and never will be, keep him by all means and rest our main forward so he can bang a few in against absolute fodder like this season (no prem goal against a top 9 side) but when a half decent offer comes in he’ll be shipped off sharp. And you lot will be crying into your hankies mourning the sale of a bench player.
He has already proven he is good enough for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.