#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age 28 Firmino for Liverpool 175 apps 57 goals 3.07. For Brazil 44 apps 13 goals

Age 23 Jesus for City 102 apps 41 goals 2.24. For Brazil 39 apps 18 goals.

Firmino lorded for being in the best strike force in the country. ycmiu

But they do make it up and some believe it

And what are his offside stats

Great young player. I an sure pep is working on many aspects of his game, I doubt if that includes being offside..
I would like to more near post runs, late arrival runs, quicker movement after he has laid a ball off or brought others into the game, minor points, but would make him even better.
If he was offside a few times because of laziness , it would be an issue, but it is because he is playing on the edge. Staying fit for the run in is the important thing.
I appreciate how Jesus has accepted his role and doesn't complain, and also never shows his frustrations about not getting the ball quicker when he sees the space before his team mates and is ready to go. How many strikers learn their craft in a build up slower than ours? Certainly not South Americans.

I appreciate how Jesus has accepted his role and doesn't complain, and also never shows his frustrations about not getting the ball quicker when he sees the space before his team mates and is ready to go. How many strikers learn their craft in a build up slower than ours? Certainly not South Americans.

An important observation.

Striker role under pep is so difficult.. For the reasons you explain. An isolated position, heavily outnumbered., easy for games to pass you by.,

An important observation.

Striker role under pep is so difficult.. For the reasons you explain. An isolated position, heavily outnumbered., easy for games to pass you by.,
Exactly, and when the guys on the flanks like to hold on and dribble it in so often we are too narrow and the defense has loads of time to clog it up, surround our strikers, while only having to defend a way smaller area.

Exactly, and when the guys on the flanks like to hold on and dribble it in so often we are too narrow and the defense has loads of time to clog it up, surround our strikers, while only having to defend a way smaller area.

The coach in me liked 4 players in the box. We don't do that. However i would never question pep. With fewer in the box, we usually pick up possession and recycle the ball. So defensively it works. Pep is a genius in my eyes. 100 + goals says he is doing something ok.

The coach in me liked 4 players in the box. We don't do that. However i would never question pep. With fewer in the box, we usually pick up possession and recycle the ball. So defensively it works. Pep is a genius in my eyes. 100 + goals says he is doing something ok.
I don't question Pep either, I question some of the decisions on the pitch that forgo an advantage situation to hold on too long and let them easily defend, then passing from a bad position is all that's left, and loads of these are blocked, negating the reason why we play out from the back in the first place. Been noticing Pep's frustrations on the sidelines this campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.