Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. karen7

karen7

gabrieljesus33 on the issues in defence: “It’s been difficult because we haven’t had the right number of players in defence. We only had Nico and Fernandinho, who was doing a great job, but isn’t a defender. John’s return will help us a lot. He is a great player..."

"When you’ve got a player who is really good you can put him anywhere. He will do a great job. That’s what Fernandinho has been doing. Supporting the team, playing well and helping us a lot. You can see he is a very experienced player...”

“All the titles are far away, so it's step by step and I think everybody is in this sort of mood. It [Liverpool’s lead] is a concern and it is also too early [to be concerned]. We have to work hard and try to win every game from now on." [via @ManCity]

2. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Should have squared that to Kev but a solid 8/10 today.

3. Love_Each_Day

Love_Each_Day

That selfishness has been creeping in among our forwards since 100 point season and Jesus had 4 or 5 similar incidents last season (none as glaring). Probably feels he has to score to see more game time but I don't really get that as Pep would probably be even more happy with him setting up a tap in. Otherwise was one of the best games he's played for us.

4. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

He played really well but will be rightly
    Bollocked for that.

5. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

Couldn't ask for a better Aguero replacement. He's got everything other than the ability to consistently stay onside.

His strength and dribbling are superb.

6. BlueTG

BlueTG

Not passing to Kev was inexcusable. 2-0 up, kill the game when Palace still had a chance of recovery.

The amount Kev puts on a plate for players.

racecar likes this.
  7. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    Great performance. Tbh, he is offering more than Aguero currently. If he's not scoring (and he scores a lot though), Aguero offers barely anything. Jesus though, he is everywhere.

He needs battering for not passing that to KDB though.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer likes this.
  8. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Apart from the momentary lapse in judgement, he was very, very good.

And Palace knew that, hence the 10 nasty challenges they put in, with only about half of them being called my the blind referee.

9. Mike D

Mike D

He is looking like he could be a super star a Messi Ronaldo Sterling Dr Bruyne world class tonight.

10. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Fantastic player with a great work ethic. His only blip for me today was not squaring to Kev.