Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. pudge

pudge

For a player who scores a decent amount of 'headers' he can't actually head the ball to save his life.

It's impressive. So long as it goes in though.

2. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

He’s a year younger than Agüero was when we signed Agüero and already has 50 goals on him in a City shirt.

His work rate is relentless, his heading is excellent, he’s got a hell of a lot of improving to do but signs are looking good.

KCblue and ADegenerate like this.
  3. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    5 starts, 5 goals so far. 3 starts in the league, 3 goals. We are lucky to have a talent like him patiently waiting for his chances to help the team.

ADegenerate likes this.
  4. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

That was his 50th goal in 108 games yesterday, 46 of which are from the bench

He’s about to erupt on the Prem imo, can see the class oozing out!

ADegenerate and haugemcfc like this.
  5. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

Some of his close control was incredible yesterday. Reminiscent of Bernardo. He needs shooting for not picking out Kev, but other than that, I thought he looked good.

6. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I said in his thread from last season, that #9s are very rarely already great players early in their careers. Wingers seem to develop more quickly or be trusted to play in teams much more than #9s do at a young age.

Of all the world’s top strikers over the last 10-15 years at Jesus’ age, apart from Rooney and Higuain, they were all at the minor clubs of their careers and just showing potential. From Agüero, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Benzema, Drogba, Suarez and Cavani to Costa, Firmino, van Persie and Henry... some of them weren’t even playing as a #9 at 22 years old, and they weren’t at the clubs they made their names at yet.

He’s bubbling, you can sense something big is about to happen with this lad.

He’s become a man over the last couple of years, really filled out muscularly and has more determination to stay on his feet and keep/win the ball compared to when he first came to us.

He does tend to scuff shots but if he can work on his finishing, this lad is going to be some player!

ADegenerate likes this.
  7. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

His heading is like a David De Gea save. What should be a routine header made to look as spectacular as possible.

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I think he’s really good at heading it. I know yesterday’s was off his shoulder but he’s scored some excellent headers for us.

ADegenerate likes this.
  9. svennis

svennis

Would Aguëro pass the ball or go for a shot in the same situation?

10. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

He did pass to Jesus against Liverpool in the 5-0