#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ just looked away from the top scorers and Neil Young started playing for City at 17 and scored 56 goals in his first six seasons but I don’t know how many of the 7 in that sixth season (when he will have turned 23 in the February) were after he turned 23.

^ just looked away from the top scorers and Neil Young started playing for City at 17 and scored 56 goals in his first six seasons but I don’t know how many of the 7 in that sixth season (when he will have turned 23 in the February) were after he turned 23.

Thank you, mate.

So was the Bayern claim that he was offered to them in the Summer for 100M true or BS?

He seems to be a Pep favourite so I would be surprised.

He had a very good game yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second goal. Hitting 50 goals is pretty amazing given that he is still a young player - if he keeps improving he will be some player!

Thank you, mate.
I’ve still not really answered the question as he could have been on 49 before he turned 23 and scored the 7 goals after that.

Plus don’t know how many Tommy Johnson scored from 18-23 for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a player who scores a decent amount of 'headers' he can't actually head the ball to save his life.

It's impressive. So long as it goes in though.
It's to do with the fact he has absolutely insane movement in the box. It's ridiculous. His ability (and agility) to peel of his markers and time runs into space inside such small areas mean that a lot of the good crosses are likely to reach him. Him scoring plenty of headers is inevitable.

It's similar to Sterling scoring on the pull back. It doesn't matter if his finishing is good enough because he gets so many chances.

His ability to change direction when receiving the ball is very rare and makes him very hard to mark inside or around the box.

Its crazy to think he has 50 goals already. Yet he has been a bit part player for the last 2 seasons. I think if he can stay focused and take his chances he might push Aguero out of the starting 11 in the big games. I am guessing we will rest Jesus for the mid week game and go with him again against Villa next week. I would love to see him and Aguero playing together in 1 of those 2 games. IF he keeps scoring goals so hard for Pep to drop him for Aguero.

Pep Guardiola on @gabrieljesus33: "He's a strong number 9 of Brazil. The Club bought an incredible young player for an incredible price – one of the best signings..."

"Honestly, when he arrived he had an incredible impact. Then he suffered the injuries. Competing with Sergio is maybe the most difficult thing. Sergio is a legend, an outrageous player. Amazing.

"People say the Champions League, that target. We are not ready. We create a lot, don’t concede, but can improve..." Gabriel’s mentality means he’ll succeed. He's hungry, wants to become an important striker around the world. We are lucky to have him."

I think he’s first choice ahead of Serg at the moment.

I know Aguero has had a great start, numbers wise but I think the team plays so much better with Jesus, similarly to Firmino for the scrotes over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.