#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: “The reason why [Gabriel over Sergio] was because I thought Gabriel was in rhythm. When you play games with the national team, you have the pace. Sergio was with Argentina for one week, came back and trained three or four days. That’s the reason..."

“He is young and he can improve. Like, in the last action he had, he had to pass to Kevin De Bruyne, but he is so young. There is more to come – from him and everyone. We cannot play anymore because we are not that age! He will have a long career..."

“With his mentality, he will always have success. He is hungry and he wants to become an important striker in the world. We are lucky to have him. I like to work with young and old players – all of them..." [via @ManCity]

I think he’s first choice ahead of Serg at the moment.

I know Aguero has had a great start, numbers wise but I think the team plays so much better with Jesus, similarly to Firmino for the scrotes over there.
I'm not sure tbh. Aguero's just too good to be 2nd choice, even if his form isn't perfect. The level you'd have to be at to fully dislodge him would need to be Messi-esque. Other than that he'd need to be in sharp decline and that's not happening. The best Jesus can hope for is that he hits a level whereby he's being rotated with Aguero for reasons beyond preserving Aguero's fitness; such as tactics and things like having 'more rhythm'. Kind of like what I expect to see from Walker/Cancelo or Bernardo/Sterling/Mahrez. And that's ideal because it keeps things competitive too!

It looks like Jesus is approaching that level though.

So was the Bayern claim that he was offered to them in the Summer for 100M true or BS?

He seems to be a Pep favourite so I would be surprised.

He had a very good game yesterday and was unlucky not to get a second goal. Hitting 50 goals is pretty amazing given that he is still a young player - if he keeps improving he will be some player!
It was BS even Gabby said it was.

Pep seems to prefer Gabby over Kun away from home. Gabby has started 5 games away from home vs 2 starts for Kun (Bournemouth and Norwich), and Gabby wasn't available for Bournemouth away.

incredible striker this lad, most of us said he will be the man this season and he's proving it, with his movement and all round game, watch out Sergio, Gabby is ready to keep you on the bench..

Jesus 31 goals in 70 games compared to rashfords 31 in 120 games. Just wondering if anyone knows how many of those 70 games jesus has started? Must be pretty close to a goal a start?

Don't forget that Rashford plays for a " big team " unlike Jesus. Much more pressure on the rag hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.