#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the broad strokes, but I don't think he needed a full on, proper, rest midseason as much as he needed just to not play every game until he fell off a cliff. Pep is the greatest, obviously, but we've had a real blind spot to squad rotation for some positions in recent years.

Yeah that's fair enough, and I guess Domalino was hinting at the same. I still think a summer rest is hugely undervalued, particularly in a mental sense.

Hate to sound like a Scouser but I think this year is his year. Think there's a good mix of games at the start for him to build his confidence. Winning the Copa America and putting in a MOTM performance obviously helps.

I think he's quite immature for his age and this should be the year he man's up. We are starting to see it in the way he carries himself.

The best comparison for him is Zinchenko. Look at the difference in him since Christmas. Raz was the same 2 years back. I think Jesus will turn it on big time this season.

We saw Walker come back early last summer despite playing every game. Obviously that was a mistake given how much he played but I liked the idea. It really shows determination.
Thanks for giving the best evidence against your position.
And how did Walker do the first few months of last season again? Exactly!

Gabby should take all the time he is given. Rest is more important than showing fans your determination.

Thanks for giving the best evidence against your position.
And how did Walker do the first few months of last season again? Exactly!

Gabby should take all the time he is given. Rest is more important than showing fans your determination.

LOL. Another poster quoted me saying the same.

I think you both fail to realize that Walker started 32 league games plus virtually every other available game when coming back early. While Gabby started only 8 league games...

It’s night and day really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.