Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. GaudinoMotors

GaudinoMotors

Give it a rest with the "slagging off"remarks. It's a forum and unlike you I happen not to rate him - at least as a striker.
    Now you'll tell me he's not a striker - he gives something else to the team. Seems to be the way of excusing his abject finishing.

2. mccity

mccity

Abject is such an exaggeration. Get me the numbers to prove it isn't if you want to back it up.

How is that not slagging off btw, using heavy language like that? It's not constructive criticism.

3. argyle

argyle

Workrate can't be questioned.

His finishing can. Not a top striker at the moment.

A question, would he be the starting striker in any of the top teams around Europe?

BosnianBlue likes this.
  4. George Hannah

George Hannah

Expectations of him becoming our main striker slipping away with every game.

karen7 likes this.
  5. pudge

pudge

From 12 yards, no professional footballer worth their salt should give a 'keeper any chance to save a penalty.

To not even hit the target then takes a special kind of shitting the bed.

6. cjn

cjn

Some ridiculous posts in here. He missed a penalty, it happens. Thought he played very well in the first half barring the miss, and went missing with the rest of the team for the time he was on in the second. And his assist for the goal was world class (and not a play Aguero would've made, for the record).

7. BlueTG

BlueTG

No, Ag├╝ero is normally on the end of such play sticking it in the net ala Burnley in the FA cup. A move which he also started, so behave.

karen7 likes this.
  8. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Beautiful assist for the first goal, shame about the penalty, we need to have a more assured penalty taker, (personally I would like to try Ederson).

What I was worried about was the thrust forward of his forehead when confronting the Atlanta player, although "handbags", I have seen players sent off in the past for similar. Luckily the ref/VAR ignored it and a replay was not shown. He can be too easily riled he needs to show more composure and self control.

9. purplenose

purplenose

Big fan of Jesus but sorry tonight he was poor, and that penalty was a fucking disgrace. I very much doubt had we selected a pissed up blue out of the stands whether we could have found a worse attempt.... fucking rubbish we will win fuck all this season unless we find a solution to this penalty taking lark.

10. Metalartin

Metalartin

An off game, apart from the assist and a few spells here and there. I thought his first touch and decision making weren't at their best but that's not his normal game. He is good enough to be City's striker and he will be in my opinion. There is plenty of time for him to come good and he offers plenty to the team when he is on the pitch regardless of scoring or not, so I have plenty of time for him.

Awful penalty either way but how you miss matters not a jot, Sergio has had his own(and Silva) and he's missed plenty of sitters too before we get into that. Ederson going off and Gundogan's mistake resulting in Bravo's sending off are at least equal factors to the penalty miss for this draw.

The one thing Gundogan seems good at is penalties and we don't use him for them when he's on the pitch, I don't get that. It should be either him or KDB for the next penalty.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2019