#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An off game, apart from the assist and a few spells here and there. I thought his first touch and decision making weren't at their best but that's not his normal game. He is good enough to be City's striker and he will be in my opinion. There is plenty of time for him to come good and he offers plenty to the team when he is on the pitch regardless of scoring or not, so I have plenty of time for him.

Awful penalty either way but how you miss matters not a jot, Sergio has had his own(and Silva) and he's missed plenty of sitters too before we get into that. Ederson going off and Gundogan's mistake resulting in Bravo's sending off are at least equal factors to the penalty miss for this draw.

The one thing Gundogan seems good at is penalties and we don't use him for them when he's on the pitch, I don't get that. It should be either him or KDB for the next penalty.

Last edited:
Put your fucking foot through it son.

Sick of all these little taps we're seeing.

Still think his best posistion is as a winger/wide striker he'll never be as good as aguero as a striker but could easily be a better right winger than mahrez or bernardo silva would give us more opportunities to put bernardo in the middle more aswell so he can get his form back.

He was more interested in looking good than making sure the ball went in, symptomatic of a massive attitude problem.

Give it a rest with the "slagging off"remarks. It's a forum and unlike you I happen not to rate him - at least as a striker.
Now you'll tell me he's not a striker - he gives something else to the team. Seems to be the way of excusing his abject finishing.

Utter tripe.

His goal scoring record is great, he holds it up very well and he’s on the money with assists too, see last night.

He can play right across the front three and has filled in very well as a striker.

Aguero has had far worse games than Jesus has last night and yes the penalty was appalling, but Aguero has had some poor ones too, neither of them should take them.

He was more interested in looking good than making sure the ball went in, symptomatic of a massive attitude problem.

How'd you figure that? I think he was waiting for the keeper to move and when he didn't Jesus's indecision caused him to scuff it.

I never understand those players who dont take a normal run up for penalties....

These start moving, stop moving and shoot types just don't generate any power. The only person I've seen do it well is Mario.

I never understand those players who dont take a normal run up for penalties....

These start moving, stop moving and shoot types just don't generate any power. The only person I've seen do it well is Mario.

Jorginho does his little weird hop thing and he's excellent at them. I think subconsciously at least, bad penalty takers try and mimic good ones, but they're crap so it makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.