Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. Bazzmand Show

Bazzmand Show

Then make the process simpler and coach that shit out of them. The coaches should be saying to him, "here's what we think you should be doing".

2. domalino

domalino

Yeah I have no idea why we cant coach penalties. Theres obviously techniques that are successful, successful areas to aim for, it's a repeatable action.

3. twosips

twosips

Weird innit. If it was that simple though every team would be littered with great penalty takers, and that just doesn't happen at all. Not sure why...maybe it's just not as easy as we think.

4. domalino

domalino

I think it's one of those things football is just stupidly blind to.

90% of coaches think you can't improve a players' basic technique once they get to a certain age, even though people like Pep have shown it to be nonsense with some high profile cases. It's the same with corners, which are insanely underutilised, but I can at least put that down to having limited time with the entire team to spend coaching them, with penalties you just get 1 or 2 players, a keeper, and a the coach.

5. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

I would much rather our penalty taker had natural ability with them rather than trying to teach them something possibly alien to them if that makes sense

6. domalino

domalino

I don't really care if it's natural ability or coached ability as long as they score 90% of them.

People like Kane didn't come out of the womb with the ability to smash a penalty in the top corner every time. It comes about through practice, and looking at where penalties get saved.

BlueTG likes this.
  7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

When yer in the nets the goal seems like the opening to the Channel Tunnel; when yer taking one the goal looks like a cat flap!

8. cookster

cookster

When was the last time we lost a penalty shoot out. Not sure there's a current team that had a better record.

9. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

To be fair, I think a big part of that is how well our goalies are all prepared by the coaching staff. Caballero, Bravo, Ederson and Muric have all pulled off heroics for us when facing penalties.

10. cookster

cookster

A factor for sure but we haven't missed many.