Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by razman, 9 Jul 2019.

1. hcblue95

hcblue95

Pep hasn't improved him.

GaudinoMotors likes this.
  2. ws01

ws01

Well I mean if you're gonna be up an arse, his is not a bad one to be up tbth.

3. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I am disappointed at present because I honestly thought we had on our hands a lad from Brazil with talent in abundance, and that attitude to always want to beat a man. But unfortunately i have only seen it on a few occasions since he arrived - and when it does happen, i think that's the player we want. Beating 2 players with a trick and getting through on goal

I can only pick somethings as to why it isn't working out -

- The way we play up front means either a player like that cannot fit in and let their skill flourish
    - That the way Pep wants him to play is having an adverse effect on his game
    - He isn't getting the game time needed so that he gets the confidence to let his skills come out

I honestly think that my 3rd point is the issue for him. He has the ability and I think it boils down to not getting enough consistent game time. I believe that had he been given the lead role earlier his confidence would be through the roof and we would be seeing the player we know he can be

4. domalino

domalino

Just to interrupt the slagging off for a second.

Minutes on the pitch to get 50 goals for City -

Jesus - 6124
    Aguero - 6548
    Tevez - 6566
    Dzeko - 7430

Mbappe is the only other striker u23 with more top level goals than Jesus in 2019, despite the fact he's not starting.

5. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

he needs a decent run in the 1st team now, as I mentioned before he has the ability and the skill. his all round game is excellent - he just needs the confidence through being allowed a proper run as number 1 to start showcasing his abilities

and the same goes for Foden

MeatHunterrr likes this.
  6. karen7

karen7

He is not the no1 though

7. blueparrot

blueparrot

Yet.

8. domalino

domalino

A few more Jesus stats because I think people are massively underrating him, he is one of the best young strikers in world football.

"He has hit the back of the net 21 times in his last 20 starts for Pep Guardiola's side."

"Gabriel Jesus has been directly involved in 59 goals in his 65 starts across all competitions for Manchester City (45 goals, 14 assists)."

More goals than Kane in 2019.

peace frog, alexmcity and WallyA like this.
  9. Brizzle

Brizzle

Team supported:
    Dulwich Hamlet
    His ceiling could be higher that Sergio’s but the league competitiveness has forced Pep to avoid rotation. Could argue same for Iheanacho previously too.

He needs to start playing more ASAP and output will grow exponentially.... otherwise he’ll do it for someone else

10. karen7

karen7

Pep has rotated