#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had more space to operate in last night - and what did we witness ! his ability to come through that's what

The first goal was sublime

A total bloody contrast to the game at Newcastle, where because we congested the pitch too much in the newcastle half he couldn't find space or create any

If he performs for a month like he did for the first half of last night then that's better than any form shown by any of our players in a long time. When was the last time Sergio played like that? Never mind for a month.

It's fairly evident that people have seriously, seriously unreasonable expectations.

Agreed. On all counts.

I don't think it's outside the realms of reality to want the best from our players, though.

He is a really good forward but for me he is not and will not be world class. He's not going to be the Aguero replacement we will need.
He had a good game yesterday but he did have more space than he will get in 90% of the Premier league games.

He is a really good forward but for me he is not and will not be world class. He's not going to be the Aguero replacement we will need.
He had a good game yesterday but he did have more space than he will get in 90% of the Premier league games.

I'll give him benefit of the doubt as he is young and still has a lot to learn
Can't be that bad if he gets into the brazil side

Coming along really well imo.

Got it in him to be one of the best in the game.

Needs to get his nut round staying onside though.

The thing with the offside is that we have not been use to it with Aguero, because Aguero has not been the type of player to make a run through the back line. Aguero prefers to receive the ball to feet with his back to goal. Jesus makes a run anticipating a ball played just ahead of him, beyond the opposition defenders so he can take it whilst in full flight, he is partially reliant on the player hitting the pass at the right time. So I think it is natural that he will get offside more frequent compared to Aguero and because of the no of attacks we have due to our attacking style.

But, yes, frustrating all the same.

Coming along really well imo.

Got it in him to be one of the best in the game.

Needs to get his nut round staying onside though.
The thing with the offside is that we have not been use to it with Aguero, because Aguero has not been the type of player to make a run through the back line. Aguero prefers to receive the ball to feet with his back to goal. Jesus makes a run anticipating a ball played just ahead of him, beyond the opposition defenders so he can take it whilst in full flight, he is partially reliant on the player hitting the pass at the right time. So I think it is natural that he will get offside more frequent compared to Aguero and because of the no of attacks we have due to our attacking style.

But, yes, frustrating all the same.
I still maintain this is largely due (apart from instructions from Pep) to him really being a world class winger (both goals, and the almost golazo, last night are decent examples), not an out-and-out striker. He can play fairly effectively in the latter role when needed, but he shines when at LW (or CF).

Has Karen commented on his performance? He was twice offside, can't replace Aguero.

On a serious note, we play better with him away from home. He scores most of his goals in away games and the team plays pretty well: Wham (0:5), Everton (1:3), Palace (0:2), Burnley (1:4): 5 goals for Gabby and 14 for the team in just 4 games.

Aguero is now more of a home specialst, especially in the big games.
Read the thread ffs,i was one of the first in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.