#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 game doesn't make someone world class.

I may well turn out to be wrong but I don't think I am. We will see in 10 years I suppose.
Indeed. Time will give us the answer. Hope he makes it big time. Very likeable youngster.

Also, why are we bringing up offsides in a striker like they matter? 1 or 2 a game for a striker that plays off the shoulder? So? We've seen how quickly a player can become offside thanks to VAR (a frame within a second changes everything), so if anything a guy who plays on the shoulder is inevitably going to get offside.

But why bring it up? Did we bring up the fact that Kompany used to give away 1 or 2 needless fouls a game? No, because that's just the risk of his style and we looked past it.
Did we bring up that De Bruyne constantly wastes possession attempting final balls and shots? No, because he gets it right enough times to not care.
Did we bring up that Sané was often offside? No, because you don't care when you know how devastating he is when he is onside.

I'd argue that if you include offsides, Jesus contributes to fewer attacking moves breaking down than most of the rest of the team.

People who criticise Jesus for being offside occasionally are just as desperate as people who criticise City for tactical fouling.
Nothing is looked past for any player,if you read players threads properly,bad habits are picked up for them all,i'd suggest instead of shutting everyone down on every thread you discuss pro's and con's

Nothing is looked past for any player,if you read players threads properly,bad habits are picked up for them all,i'd suggest instead of shutting everyone down on every thread you discuss pro's and con's
Are you telling me people brought up the fact that Kompany gave away needless fouls, KDB gave away the ball, or that Sané was often offside as often as they did about Jesus for the same purpose as putting them down like Jesus? Help me out and show me the backlog of posts.

Stop getting so defensive btw when people call out bullshit posts. Address them instead of giving the improper answers you so often do.

Cannot head it
Cannot shoot
Is too slow
Cannot shoot
Doesn't score enough.

One poster managed to say it , in one post.

In actual fact he is a real talent. Hard working, intelligent footballer, top movement and scores plenty. Love watching this kid.

Does that apply to the Sergio thread or just this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.