#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his 41 league starts since signing for City he has scored 28 goals.

If he starts, he scores at a very good rate. It's as simple as that really. Imagine how many he'd score if he started regularly and wasn't constantly trying to find his rhythm?

Last edited:
Jesus is not given enough credit imo. Joined us as a teenager after becoming a hometown hero in Brazil. Was immediately parked behind one of the greatest out and out strikers in history and has pretty much just been thrown into the team as and when required without a real run of games. He has learnt English, lives in the city and is very much embracing being in Manchester. He has forced his way into being Brazil n9 despite his "lack" of game time compared to the others. He is a good lad, works hard, very talented and is desperate to step up when Aguero leaves. We might well bring in another striker but why won't Jesus battle him and win the spot himself.
I see him as being our No1 after Aguero leaves

Some City fans need a reality check. Dickov is considered on here to be a legend. And yet his best season resulted in around 12 goals. Get off Jesus's back.

I see him as being our No1 after Aguero leaves
Definitely, I can't really envisage us buying a replacement for Aguero till he leaves but I think that depends on if a deal is presented for Haaland or Mbappe. If we wait till Aguero goes then Jesus will be the no1 definitely. He will have had nearly 5 years of coaching under Pep and that will be all in his favor.

Oh I'm so, so, sorry, I'll amend my comment to
Oh I'm so, so, sorry, I'll amend my comment to 1.5x

Irrespective of the maths, I'm not sure why you felt the need to compare the two players.

Just because Vardy (or any other player) is offside more than Jesus, doesn't mean Jesus doesn't need to get better at staying onside.

It means they both do.

Irrespective of the maths, I'm not sure why you felt the need to compare the two players.

Just because Vardy (or any other player) is offside more than Jesus, doesn't mean Jesus doesn't need to get better at staying onside.

It means they both do.

I think Vardy discovered a winning formula a few years back. Not sure I'd look at changing it.

It means they both do.

This is an incredibly flawed thought process. Being offside is bad, so you should be offside less. Using Vardy as the example there's 2 big flaws.

The first and most obvious is that you've decided being caught offside is Vardy's fault, when just as likely it's Maddison or Tielemans or whoever not timing their pass correctly.

Secondly, Vardy knows that making his run with the timing he has means he might be offside 0.9 times per game, but he doesn't care because he also knows that even if there's a 50/50 chance of being offside when you're making the run that tight, the extra head start he has on the defenders means that the chance it creates is much more dangerous.

Because being put through on goal is such a big goal scoring chance, and because goals are so valuable, it's worth Vardy getting caught offside very often if it gives him a marginal increase in converting the chances when he's onside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.