#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good article on The Athletic about Jesus this morning. To paraphrase it is a dive into a few issues he has had personally as he was left pretty alone when his family and friends were denied visas to come and visit him/stay with him. Also discusses how he has felt immense pressure for not scoring and him working to not 'think' about scoring and let it just happen. I think we can see that change in Sterling as a great example of someone who used to spend far too long thinking about scoring than actually doing it. I think Jesus can really kick on in the next couple years. I think people forget his age and what he has achieved already.
Pep was saying the other day that players can't rely on their managers,family or mums for confidence,he is 22 now and has a steady girlfriend so hopefully he wil take the next step,really needs to get scoring at home,260 something days since he scored at home

Pep was saying the other day that players can't rely on their managers,family or mums for confidence,he is 22 now and has a steady girlfriend so hopefully he wil take the next step,really needs to get scoring at home,260 something days since he scored at home
things are tighter at home,he doesn't get any space,not all down to gabby,also he hasn't played that many full games,so the 260 day stat is a bit tabloid

I just heard it on bt,it's a mystery he can't score at home and sergio can't score away
It's not a mystery, the poster just told you why, he doesn't play at home as often as sergio (so sergio scores more at home), and in those games he does get he gets very little service.

Wouldn't be shocked if Sergio plays less away games than Jesus from that reasoning.

It's not a mystery, the poster just told you why, he doesn't play at home as often as sergio (so sergio scores more at home), and in those games he does get he gets very little service.

Wouldn't be shocked if Sergio plays less away games than Jesus from that reasoning.
Why does he get less service when he plays but sergio does?

Why does he get less service when he plays but sergio does?
Someone would have to look into in better detail, I am too lazy for that, but maybe when they keep swapping it happens after the other gets a run of games so they are coming back into the game and need to build their rhythm again.

It would be nice to see a stat that showed the chances they got home and away and compare them.

Someone would have to look into in better detail, I am too lazy for that, but maybe when they keep swapping it happens after the other gets a run of games so they are coming back into the game and need to build their rhythm again.

It would be nice to see a stat that showed the chances they got home and away and compare them.
Yes that would be good,i don't understand why the service changes,maybe chances taken is a better thing to look at

Either way hopefully this new confidence is here to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.