#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I think a big part of that is how well our goalies are all prepared by the coaching staff. Caballero, Bravo, Ederson and Muric have all pulled off heroics for us when facing penalties.

A factor for sure but we haven't missed many.

Definitely. I do think our players our far stronger mentally than most, so it gives us an edge. Even if 1 misses, the other 4 are almost guaranteed to score, irrespective of ability.

That mentality aspect can't really showcase itself over a single penalty because errors happen. Let's not forget Jesus scored the winning penalty against Liverpool in the Community Shield, with Alisson (who knows him well) in goal.

I would much rather our penalty taker had natural ability with them rather than trying to teach them something possibly alien to them if that makes sense

While that's true in an ideal world, not every single player has 'natural penalty ability'. It's something that can be coached, when drilled properly.

Beautiful assist for the first goal, shame about the penalty, we need to have a more assured penalty taker, (personally I would like to try Ederson).

What I was worried about was the thrust forward of his forehead when confronting the Atlanta player, although "handbags", I have seen players sent off in the past for similar. Luckily the ref/VAR ignored it and a replay was not shown. He can be too easily riled he needs to show more composure and self control.
He is a hot head when things go wrong,not what we need,he is too young to get a grip of the game

Utter tripe.

His goal scoring record is great, he holds it up very well and he’s on the money with assists too, see last night.

He can play right across the front three and has filled in very well as a striker.

Aguero has had far worse games than Jesus has last night and yes the penalty was appalling, but Aguero has had some poor ones too, neither of them should take them.

I mean, it was a great assist, but his assist record is decidedly average.

Last night’s was his 3rd this season. His 19th in 120 games for us or so.

For a forward who is defended against his finishing ability by his link up and team play, I’d argue he’s got a lot of improving to do.

It’s weird, we have a very good record domestically and in cups generally but not so good in Europe. That one last night was terrible. I’m not sure what he was thinking. At that pace even if on target it would have been saved. Aguero’s record is terrible in Europe too though.

I mean, it was a great assist, but his assist record is decidedly average.

Last night’s was his 3rd this season. His 19th in 120 games for us or so.

For a forward who is defended against his finishing ability by his link up and team play, I’d argue he’s got a lot of improving to do.

His record in the PL is 70 odd appearances - 30 goals and 11 assists.

Contributing to 41 goals in 70 odd appearances, a very large proportion of which as a sub, is phenomenal for a 22 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.