#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our brilliant Argentinian legend of a striker is injured and we bring our 2nd string striker into the team who is the Brazilian number nine , someone pinch me , the Rags in comparison have to rely on some wet behind the ears kid called Greenwood , if the Grand Canyon was considered a "gap" then that is how far apart we are from the Rags

Strange things to say the day before the derby... but true. The greatest athletes of all-time do have a strong mentality. To become one of the best you have to have a strong mentality.

But he’s getting to an age where he will be maturing so hopefully his mentality matures as he does.

There’s been glimpses of a very good player with him, individual games or goals here and there but nothing more yet.

But, unlike wingers who seem to mature and become top players at a younger age, a lot of #9s over the years at his age weren’t at the clubs they made their name at. From Kun to Lewandowski to Ibrahimovic to Firmino to Benzema to Suarez to Drogba to Henry... have a look back at where they were at 22 and none were at the club where they made themselves famous, some weren’t even playing up front yet.

The only ones I can think of who were at their main clubs at 22 were Rooney and Higuain who were at United and Madrid respectively, and both of them were done-in physically by their late 20s.

For Jesus, he has 52 goals for the club at an age younger than the age we signed Kun (he was 23 when we signed him). This has to be a huge motivation for the lad to have a long term goal of becoming the clubs record goalscorer. That’s the hunger he needs long term and obviously more short term ones are to accumulate those goals one match at a time.
I'm going to assume that including Firmino there was a momentary lapse of sanity and not intentional.

meh. he knows he's not making it and spends game being nervous. not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.