#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we all know", that sounds ominous

I've actually met him, he seems a nice enough chap. My position is pretty clear, I want him to get better
we would all positively like that for every player. nice that you met him, I'm sure he's a great guy. Has never complained about his role, and always puts a shift in.

Personally, since aguero has been injured and he has had a good run of games I've seen huge progress. The minutes he has played in such a condensed time frame (and he doesnt stop working) I can forgive missed chances, he has grafted and fought for us and his team. His confidence is growing, his turns are sharper, his strength increasing. His hold up play is getting better, chesting down for others, picking out the passes with back to goal and shielding the ball better. His passing and creativity is improving, his assists are up there with any prem league striker. His confidence in dribbling is growing, he's skinning rbs for fun on the byline and he's getting his head up for the shot/pass after doing so. His finishing is good from outside the box and improving and he's a fox in the box (which you can't teach).

All in all hes 23 and improving, his stats are on the up and he is one of the best in his age group. His fight, stamina, tenacity and graft is 2nd to none. Should he be the main striker after kun? He deserves his shot, definatley!!! But I would like to see a different type to compliment him. A bigger more lethal finisher like haaland/isak. They can rotate due to formations against us or play as a 2 upfront.

We will see, I only see positives in the kid and proud to have such a grounded and honest lad leading our line.

Personally, since aguero has been injured and he has had a good run of games I've seen huge progress. The minutes he has played in such a condensed time frame (and he doesnt stop working) I can forgive missed chances, he has grafted and fought for us and his team. His confidence is growing, his turns are sharper, his strength increasing. His hold up play is getting better, chesting down for others, picking out the passes with back to goal and shielding the ball better. His passing and creativity is improving, his assists are up there with any prem league striker. His confidence in dribbling is growing, he's skinning rbs for fun on the byline and he's getting his head up for the shot/pass after doing so. His finishing is good from outside the box and improving and he's a fox in the box (which you can't teach).

All in all hes 23 and improving, his stats are on the up and he is one of the best in his age group. His fight, stamina, tenacity and graft is 2nd to none. Should he be the main striker after kun? He deserves his shot, definatley!!! But I would like to see a different type to compliment him. A bigger more lethal finisher like haaland/isak. They can rotate due to formations against us or play as a 2 upfront.

We will see, I only see positives in the kid and proud to have such a grounded and honest lad leading our line.

Well said I`ve been arguing with friend exactly the positives you make.

They counter with how many he misses. I ask them what was Raheem doing at 23.

He's a very good player, just wish he would hold his runs up just a tiny bit longer. He seems to get called offside too much. A bit like Anelka. But with Anelka it was often his speed that caught the Linos out.

He is called offside once every 2 games, not too shabby in a side attacking for 80% of most games.

I just watched all of City's goals this season on youtube. I have to say he scores some cracking goals and his footwork is great. I think he can really become our no 1 in the next 12 months.

Hater is such childish word to use and not at all accurate
Perhaps, but when someone says, "I see the usual pricks are out and about again." to address people who appreciate Gabby's contributions and offer polite facts and observations, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.