#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is my mate,I know his views and who that post was aimed at
that's nice. but back to in context. Using the word hater in that context on here for a negative person is an often used generalization and nothing to get bent about.
The tone in "that post" I used was a good example and very harsh, regardless of who is was meant for.

I love the kid and even I thought that figure would have been higher.

I think perception gets skewed by how good the chance was when he gets caught, the latest one for example was against Watford where he scored from DeBruyne's cross, saw lots of Blues berating him over that, that was the only time he was caught offside in the last 5 league games.

Offsides per game in the PL.

Vardy - 0.9
Kane - 0.75
Aguero - 0.74
Van Persie - 0.7
Tevez - 0.62

Jesus - 0.55

I do have to say though that he's not great at timing runs off the last defender. The likes of Vardy and Aguero will be higher because it's a huge part of their game, particularly the former. But they're both great at it. It's an important attribute of Sergio's because he's not blessed with much pace so he uses his timing to get himself clear.

It's become a cliche and a lazy criticism of him to the point where a Gabriel Jesus offside seems to be met with a huge groan every time but I do think it's something he can and will improve on. He's just a bit too eager, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.