#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I and others have said he's different to Aguero. Aguero can do some things that very few can do. Jesus does other things.

There isn't a player that has ever existed that can do what both of the two of them can do. They are both exceptionally good forwards.

Chances are if we sign another forward he'll be different from both once again.

We've got both Aguero and Jesus, that's plenty good enough as far as two are concerned.

Excellent. I know he has his detractors on here but we don’t score either goal tonight if Aguero is playing instead.

I'll go a step further and says we don't make it out of the tie with Aguero instead of him. His versatility and selflessness gave them serious problems over two legs. An orthodox striker would have been marked out of both games.

The moronic "pundits" will say sloppy Real gifts, but these were forced mistakes. Look at the first 2 mins of the game where Real were trying to knock the ball around and our front 3 chased them like terriers and they couldn't get out. That to me made the first goal. The second was just superb hussle from Gabriel and a quite sublime finish. Absolutely top drawer stuff.

Pep gone big on Gabby praise after the game -

"Jesus was the man of the two games for us, he set up the first and scored the second."

"Big players have to show at big stages in big games and he showed it twice against the kings of the competitions. He made an incredible step forward to say here I am and I can win games myself."

What I liked most of him today was his brilliant turn with a quick shot in the box just before his goal. That was a high level play that not many in the world can pull off. We already knew he can do the other things he showed today, great attitude, work rate and pressing.

I've said it for a while that he would be my first choice in front of Aguero. No disrespect to Aguero because he's invaluable to us as a goalscorer and talisman but Jesus gives the team energy and intensity, in the same way Foden does over Silva. This is the transition to a newer younger different style of team, the new cycle has begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.