#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADegenerate

Potentially a make or break season in terms of Gabby and his City future. Based off of my projections we're looking big things from Gabby that might surprise a few folks.

Season totals. ~3400 minutes, 29 goals + 14 assists.
Prem totals. ~2500 minutes, 22 goals + 8 assists.

I think we'll be playing 3 ATB quite often this season which should take away some of the pressing he'll be required to do. More energy in from of goal, longer stretches of games, natural improvement, and an improved squad should do wonders for him. I'm not sure that I'd bet on him banging in 30 goals but it's feasible.

Be his last season. Sold to an Italian team after another crap year.

Gabby brings more to the Team than goals and direct assists.

It's a team game, and just because he's not tearing up the record books it doesn't mean he not contributing. His movement off the ball draw defenders all over the place and opens up the space for our midfield to be able to pick out a pass or take a shot.

He's a great asset, and he's improving.

Jesus is the best pressing striker in world football today...and he can score!

He is a hyper-talented, under-confident kid coming into his own. The world is his oyster and from here it’s just a question of how good does he think he can be, because the only thing I see stopping him is self-belief. He will be as good as he thinks he is.

Potentially a make or break season in terms of Gabby and his City future. Based off of my projections we're looking big things from Gabby that might surprise a few folks.

Season totals. ~3400 minutes, 29 goals + 14 assists.
Prem totals. ~2500 minutes, 22 goals + 8 assists.

I think we'll be playing 3 ATB quite often this season which should take away some of the pressing he'll be required to do. More energy in from of goal, longer stretches of games, natural improvement, and an improved squad should do wonders for him. I'm not sure that I'd bet on him banging in 30 goals but it's feasible.
Playing three at the back when you’re an attacking possession based team is a complete waste of time!

It takes away an attacking/creative player from the attack and adds another defensive player who doesn’t need to be there at all.

When you have 70% possession every week, you absolutely do not need 6 (or 7 as we had against Lyon) defensive players. It wastes spaces on the pitch where creators or goal scorers should be.

Defensive players (certainly the ones we have) are not creative enough to provide good quality play to create good quality chances.

Usually, when we’re in possession our formation is 2-5-3. Usually, 6 of those 9 outfield players are creators or goal scorers (or both).

Taking one (or two like we did against Lyon) of those out for another defensive player just goes against everything that 70% possession tries to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus is the best pressing striker in world football today...and he can score!

He is a hyper-talented, under-confident kid coming into his own. The world is his oyster and from here it’s just a question of how good does he think he can be, because the only thing I see stopping him is self-belief. He will be as good as he thinks he is.
Should this be in the "What are you Drinking right now?" thread?

Playing three at the back when you’re an attacking possession based team is a complete waste of time!

It takes away an attacking/creative player from the attack and adds another defensive player who doesn’t need to be there at all.

When you have 70% possession every week, you absolutely do not need 6 (or 7 as we had against Lyon) defensive players. It wastes spaces on the pitch where creators or goal scorers should be.

Defensive players (certainly the ones we have) are not creative enough to provide good quality play to create good quality chances.

Usually, when we’re in possession our formation is 2-5-3. Usually, 6 of those 9 outfield players are creators or goal scorers (or both).

Taking one (or two like we did against Lyon) of those out for another defensive player just goes against everything that 70% possession tries to achieve.

People spend far too much time worrying about formations.

Our 2017-2019 "433" was very rarely 433. It was in fact 3241 for 70-80% of games with 1 fullback dropping into a back 3 and 1 sitting in front of defence with Fern. In theory we reverted to 433 in the defensive phase but the number of sustained attacks we actually faced where that really took shape was minimal.

So if we start playing a "352" on paper, the only actual difference is that the wingbacks provide the width we used to get from Sterling-Sane and we have 1 less attacking or defensive midfielder in exchange for a striker. There won't be any more defensively tasked players.

We saw that with the 352 we played before under Pep. The real shape of the side was identical, Mendy had about 5 assists in 3 games and Walker ran riot too, but we had 1 midfielder missing and Pep eventually didn't like it.

To paraphrase Pep, 442, 4231, 433, 352- they're just telephone numbers, they don't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.