#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open your eyes.

Under the Player Stats, then Offensive, sort by Off and you get the average offsides per match, so easy to compare.

Since Jesus arrived - it looks like Aguero has been offside more often per 90 min, and while Jesus is up there in terms of City players, there are plenty of very good players who are offside more regularly.

At least with Werner you can see why he’s always offside as he’s constantly on the shoulder of the last defender looking to make a run behind. With Jesus it usually feels like he’s offside because he just hasn’t bothered getting himself back in an onside position through lack of concentration or awareness.
That’s not really true tbf. Many of Jesus's offsides are minimal and come about because he’s gone a fraction to soon trying to get ahead of the defender.
Of course there are some avoidable ones as there are in every game played every week around the world but I don’t buy the idea he’s offside constantly when there’s no need to be.

That’s not really true tbf. Many of Jesus's offsides are minimal and come about because he’s gone a fraction to soon trying to get ahead of the defender.
Of course there are some avoidable ones as there are in every game played every week around the world but I don’t buy the idea he’s offside constantly when there’s no need to be.
Many of Jesus' offsides have been suspect (subjective due to flaws in the tech) because he's been too quick off the mark. When it comes to VAR I'm willing to bet a large proportion of Gabby's offsides have been a guess.

Such a shame he'll miss the final, scored in the last one if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.