#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A key player, absolutely vital. Was great to see the team pressing hard from the start last night with Jesus, Foden, KDB and Sterling giving Wolves no time on the ball. I feel that group of players is going to be crucial for City this Season, can probably add Bernardo and Torres to that lot.
Anyway, to Gabby, no he doesn’t provide the goals out of nowhere that Aguero does or the deadly finishes but is a consistent scorer and all the rest of the stuff he brings to the team helps make City better.

It seems some folk will just wilfully ignore what he brings to the team. The very best teams are greater than the sum of their individual parts, I can’t think of a better example than Jesus with regards to that.

is your username from American Gods

Ps I agree with your post

A run of games is going to do wonders for him. He looked very good last night, still seems a little clumsy but he was everywhere across the forward line and linked up well multiple times with Kev. He will never be Aguero, but he will score lots and we are so reliant on his press.
Glad he got a goal.

When we signed him from Brazil a few years back would you honestly say that you would be happy that his main attribute would be that ' he runs and covers a lot of ground in a game ' ?
I thought after buying him that he would be the next Neymar/Messi/Real Ronaldo..
Unfortunately i was wrong.
Yeah, what have we ever achieved with Gabby playing for us...

Yeah, what have we ever achieved with Gabby playing for us...
It's all about opinions.
If we had a better finisher in the team we would of done much better in the last 12 months and especially in the champions league.
Much better forwards about who can put the ball in the net other than relying on Aguero again this year.
When you see stats on games when we create 25 chances in a game but only score 1 goal is criminal.

The boy doesn't know when to give up. Proper street fighter of a player who will get roughed up every time he plays but still crack on doing his thing.
Defenders must hate him, he drags them all over the park for 90 mins and grinds them down.
Still flaws to his game but when you think he's just turned the same age Aguero was when he signed you'd be foolish not to get excited about his potential.

It's all about opinions.
If we had a better finisher in the team we would of done much better in the last 12 months and especially in the champions league.
Much better forwards about who can put the ball in the net other than relying on Aguero again this year.
When you see stats on games when we create 25 chances in a game but only score 1 goal is criminal.
Who is a better finisher/assister in the PL, other than Aguero?

Or do you mean we should bring someone in from elsewhere and hope they can match or exceed Gabby’s contributions in a league that has notoriously seen players that can score for fun in other top leagues struggle to get anywhere near their previous numbers (or have seen them leave the PL and begin scoring significantly more goals).

Also, I think it is rather silly to hold Gabby responsible for us not scoring the 25+ chances we created against Soton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.