#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needed that goal otherwise he may have really slipped into a bad place. Last week or at some point in some game recently he missed a chance and he was punching himself in the head he was so angry. I think he feels the immense pressure and it really gets to him when he messes up a chance. Sam Lee has reported similar in the podcast he does on the athletic also.

You cannot fault the work he puts in on the pitch and he genuinely is just missing that one final ingredient to get the killer instinct. That chance he had last night is probably a goal from Haaland or Aguero. He barely looked at the goal, he was more focused on trying to find someone to pass the ball to and then he took one glance and it was too late.
Was really made up when he nicked that goal though, would have really helped him.

We need a main striker end of. Aguero may have one more season but will get injured. Jesus has so much potential & offers a different approach to games but he’s not ready as main striker for city. Too much pressure on him. Saying that he works more than anybody so I only have great respect for him.

Let’s get haaland & rotate Aguero & Jesus over the next 18 months.

But this is for teams. I'll try to look for players', but you can also do the math yourself :)

EDIT:
https://www.infogol.net/en/player/gabriel-jesus/7555

Found one, there you go :)
Premier League
Goals 4
Expected Goals 4.7
Champions League
Goals 2
Expected Goals 1.91
Not bad. Fuck all point counting shots without counting the quality of the chances.

Premier League
Goals 4
Expected Goals 4.7
Champions League
Goals 2
Expected Goals 1.91
Not bad. Fuck all point counting shots without counting the quality of the chances.
...in what world is 4 goals in 1200 league minutes not bad for a manchester city striker. i swear to god the standard has been lowered so much.

all this proves is that not only does he underperform how many goals he should get, he barely puts himself in positions *to get goals*. give me sterling who at least gets himself into places to bag easy tap-ins all day long.

sort by "minutes per goal" - jesus comes up at number 22, behind almost all other strikers in the league. He's basically where martial, werner and firmino are, ALL considered widely to be having a diabolical season.

I understand how people are trying to spin his *overall contribution* as respectable, but still completely baffled as how people try to spin his *numbers* as anything but shambolic.

Last edited:
...in what world is 4 goals in 1200 league minutes not bad for a manchester city striker. i swear to god the standard has been lowered so much.

all this proves is that not only does he underperform how many goals he should get, he barely puts himself in positions *to get goals*. give me sterling who at least gets himself into places to bag easy tap-ins all day long.

sort by "minutes per goal" - jesus comes up at number 22, behind basically every other striker in the league. He's basically where martial, werner and firmino are, ALL considered widely to be having a diabolical season.

I understand how people are trying to spin his *overall contribution* as respectable, but still completely baffled as how people try to spin his *numbers* as anything but shambolic.
He's hardly playing as an out and out striker though is he? There's fuck all point comparing him with strikers whose only job is to stay between the posts and score goals.
I'm not saying he's having a great goalscoring season, but the post i replied to was questioning his conversion rate. There's fuck all wrong with his conversion rate.

He was fantastic on the turn last night as well as the one twos. Just seems that his final touch for a pass or a shot usually lets him down. Hope that’s just confidence as there’s a seriously good striker in there somewhere.

He's hardly playing as an out and out striker though is he? There's fuck all point comparing him with strikers whose only job is to stay between the posts and score goals.
I'm not saying he's having a great goalscoring season, but the post i replied to was questioning his conversion rate. There's fuck all wrong with his conversion rate.
I don't understand why people keep saying it - he's absolutely playing as an out and out striker! He's definitely not playing on the wings, and I disagree that he really comes THAT deep to not be considered playing at striker.

Does anyone have his average position in relation to the rest of the team's average position? Because he'd DEFINTIELY be the most forward. I don't understand where this notion that he's not playing as a striker comes from.

There's nothing wrong with his conversion rate - there's something very wrong about his goalscoring abilities, namely the amount of chances he's getting

In fact, let's compare him to other city players who are DEFINITELY not playing as strikers -

Gundo - a goal every 133 minutes
Foden - a goal every 200 minutes
Sterling - a goal every 208 minutes
Mahrez - a goal every 218 minutes

Are any of those players playing as strikers?

sort by "minutes per goal" - jesus comes up at number 22, behind almost all other strikers in the league. He's basically where martial, werner and firmino are, ALL considered widely to be having a diabolical season.

so we should go for josh maja ? is that what your going on about, he's got the best goals to minutes ?

see where your constant bleating gets you, nowhere, you wont listen that he isn'tplaying as an out and out forward though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.