#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have his average position in relation to the rest of the team's average position? Because he'd DEFINTIELY be the most forward. I don't understand where this notion that he's not playing as a striker comes from.
Don't have the map but Foden was the most advanced player last night. Sterling probably had more touches in the box.

I don't understand why people keep saying it - he's absolutely playing as an out and out striker! He's definitely not playing on the wings, and I disagree that he really comes THAT deep to not be considered playing at striker.

Does anyone have his average position in relation to the rest of the team's average position? Because he'd DEFINTIELY be the most forward. I don't understand where this notion that he's not playing as a striker comes from.

There's nothing wrong with his conversion rate - there's something very wrong about his goalscoring abilities, namely the amount of chances he's getting

In fact, let's compare him to other city players who are DEFINITELY not playing as strikers -

Gundo - a goal every 133 minutes
Foden - a goal every 200 minutes
Sterling - a goal every 208 minutes
Mahrez - a goal every 218 minutes

Are any of those players playing as strikers?
Have you considered that they are scoring those goals because of the work Jesus is doing because there has been more than a few goals this season that if you look at the full picture you will see Jesus started the move, pulled away a defender, provided the assist or generally was involved in the play.

Jesus is not some 6ft 4 lump up front that we just hit the ball to, he is part of a fluid attacking 6. He drops in and out of positions to allow others to take up space etc.

The point should be that everyone is scoring, not just Jesus. For too long we relied on the likes of Aguero to pull us out of that shit because no one else in the team scored, now we are frequently ending up with 4/5/6 players a season end up on 10+ goals which is what Pep wants and is what get success.

every single player is giving their all and cannot be faulted, all we as fans should ask is players giving 100% nothing more, of course we want the best players in the world playing for city, but this isn't fifa or fm this is real life and our team(well my team) are un. fucking . real, so i wont hear of one player in this group being slagged off.

Don't have the map but Foden was the most advanced player last night. Sterling probably had more touches in the box.
no no no no no no no no no no no no no , i wont have it, jesus is the CF not foden , no no no no no no no no
JeSUs IstN GoOD En0uGH

Have you considered that they are scoring those goals because of the work Jesus is doing because there has been more than a few goals this season that if you look at the full picture you will see Jesus started the move, pulled away a defender, provided the assist or generally was involved in the play.

Jesus is not some 6ft 4 lump up front that we just hit the ball to, he is part of a fluid attacking 6. He drops in and out of positions to allow others to take up space etc.

The point should be that everyone is scoring, not just Jesus. For too long we relied on the likes of Aguero to pull us out of that shit because no one else in the team scored, now we are frequently ending up with 4/5/6 players a season end up on 10+ goals which is what Pep wants and is what get success.
wasting your time bud. He is using raw stats as the basis of his argument and not actually watching games

We need a main striker end of. Aguero may have one more season but will get injured. Jesus has so much potential & offers a different approach to games but he’s not ready as main striker for city. Too much pressure on him. Saying that he works more than anybody so I only have great respect for him.

Let’s get haaland & rotate Aguero & Jesus over the next 18 months.
Difficult to know whether Pep wants a new striker or not. He will never criticise his players in public but his frustration was clear with Sterling and Jesus missing good chances or making wrong choices.
He talked, in his post match interview, about being more clinical but then suggested there was "Nothing I can do, the players have the quality to score, they must be more clinical".
Does that mean he's supporting the front players publicly but quietly scouting elsewhere?

Difficult to know whether Pep wants a new striker or not. He will never criticise his players in public but his frustration was clear with Sterling and Jesus missing good chances or making wrong choices.
He talked, in his post match interview, about being more clinical but then suggested there was "Nothing I can do, the players have the quality to score, they must be more clinical".
Does that mean he's supporting the front players publicly but quietly scouting elsewhere?
Probably just meant what he said. He can coach the players but he can't put the ball in the net for them.

I know it’s been done a thousand times over, but I just find it difficult to see Jesus in a front 3 long-term at City as a first choice pick. He’s had his opportunities to show he can replace Aguero but fallen short for me - I find him frustrating because he can be so brilliant one minute and so wasteful the next.

If he’s happy to remain part of the squad then he’s a massive asset because he definitely has talent and offers something a bit different, but he could go and be a decent first choice striker at many other clubs. I don’t think he’ll ever reach the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.