#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today wasn’t even close to good enough from him. That being said, if we had to keep one of our front three, it is him over those two useless fucks out wide every day of the week.

Not good enough full stop. Needs fucking off in the summer and proper strikers signing.
The guy just doesn’t have a goal scoring instinct.

Let’s not fall into the Lingard trap of constantly telling ourselves he’s a “young talent” until he’s 27 / 28 (and still calling him one then)

Jesus is getting older by the season, and although he’s still young at 23, as a striker, he should be showing some maturity of the player he is and what he’ll offer long term (especially goal scoring). Aguero did. Heck, many players have shown this at a younger age. Rooney and Kane did from their teens to name but a few.

We’re all thinking it, so I’m gonna say it. He’s simply not good enough for City on current form. But I don’t think it’s his fault - I think he’s been mismanaged. At the moment, it’s like having a false 9 as our main striker and that shouldn’t have been the case with his natural talents

I have some sympathy because he was a winger / wide forward in Brazil before he joined us, and he had the balls to take on defenders, try tricks, have shots. Now, he’s far too unselfish to the extent it makes me nauseous watching. I think he’s been badly managed and could have been in the same bracket as Mbappe on pure skill alone, had he not been persuaded to lap up the “teamwork”, “passing”, “positioning” and all those team focussed ideals. He’s bought into all that a bit too eagerly I’m afraid, and it’s like having no one up front

I want more from the other 9 players on the pitch as well. Jesus is not a 'main' striker, we all know this. Stop judging the lad on it. He spends more time out of the box than in it and if you dont think thats Pep telling him that then you need to watch it again.
He was shaping up to being a fine main striker in 2017. It wasn’t mentioned once over about a two year period that Jesus isn’t a main striker.

The lad has gone backwards in the box, he was looking like becoming a top box player at one point.

But his all round play is hardly great is it? He rarely beats a man, average passer, no real pace.
His all round play is great. He plays in a team where Pep doesn't like players losing possession so he isn't going to face up defenders and attempt to dribble constantly yet he still beats players regularly, his linkup and holdup play is very very good, his pace isnt electric I agree but there's enough there.

He's the Bernardo of our attack, he does so much work that goes unnoticed or is dismissed because its not eye catching but he makes the rest of the players around him better because of it and you notice it when he's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.