#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does play well on the left but would be competing with Foden and Sterling for that spot. Those two can play in the other forward positions but I cannot see Jesus establishing himself as first choice on the left.

If he could just improve his finishing a little bit then I would be happy for him to be the main striker. With our setup we do not need a 30 goal a season striker nice as that would be.

Jesus can be a 30 goal a season forward, given that he is still 23 and scored 21 and then 23 goals while playing second fiddle to Sergio.

He does play well on the left but would be competing with Foden and Sterling for that spot. Those two can play in the other forward positions but I cannot see Jesus establishing himself as first choice on the left.

If he could just improve his finishing a little bit then I would be happy for him to be the main striker. With our setup we do not need a 30 goal a season striker nice as that would be.
He's be the strongest of the three playing from the left imo. Foden has proven adaptability across the front three and Sterling would therefore simply have to wait for his opportunities for rotation.

Always excellent on the left think it suits his qualities so much better. He works really well playing off of the main striker so hopefully he gets a run of games playing there, especially with the recent sterling bust up he could get the opportunity.

For the "he's only a Left Winger" crowd, about 110 of those 114 games were as a striker.

Yeah,its daft to suggest he cant play as a striker as his goals and perfomances will testify,but i think many,myself included,believe alongside a clinician he'd be at his best.

If players need to be moved on to make way for others,this guy wouldnt be at the top end of my list.

Last edited:
Amusing know-nothing comment from a Leicester fan on the beeb. Iheanacho, it seems, scores from difficult chances (possible — I've got no opinion either way) by contrast with Jesus, who depends on De Bruyne and Mahrez for his. Jesus — who scored yesterday, without De Bruyne and Mahrez being on the pitch at any point!

Amusing know-nothing comment from a Leicester fan on the beeb. Iheanacho, it seems, scores from difficult chances (possible — I've got no opinion either way) by contrast with Jesus, who depends on De Bruyne and Mahrez for his. Jesus — who scored yesterday, without De Bruyne and Mahrez being on the pitch at any point!
Joachim Andersen and Harrison Reed aren't bad fallbacks though.

For the "he's only a Left Winger" crowd, about 110 of those 114 games were as a striker.
You make it sound like people are being negative.

I’ve seen enough just from a few performances for City and Brazil that he looks a natural left forward/left of a front three (which is different to a left winger).

His attributes suit playing slightly wider (not just for himself but for team play too), even better than they do playing #9.

This isn’t a negative, it’s a positive.

Think back to his real stand out performances for City: Liverpool at home 5-0, Villa away 1-6, Madrid away 1-2, yesterday; and even things he’s done really well coming in from that wider left position: goal at Burnley last season.

With the extra space, more time on the ball, he likes to take more touches to get himself set for what he wants to do, he gets back and works defensively to help our full backs better than any other player who plays as a wide forward for us (and doing that from the wide forward position doesn’t leave a hole at #9)... also some of the things he’s been criticised at when playing at #9 like scuffing shots or not even getting a shot away when he doesn’t have the time on the ball he likes... just says to me he’s just more suited to the left forward.

Foden will eventually become an attacking mid, although his attributes at the moment suit being a left forward. But over time I think we’ll see Jesus as the left forward and Foden as an attacking mid.

Jesus tends to play RW for Brazil, with Richarlison on the left, just to address a few comments in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.