#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this season sums up everything and gives us a clear picture about Jesus..

I for example, after last season believed that he could become a superstar and this would be his breakthrough season, but somehow after the glimpses of hope in a Wolves game and then during January-February period when he started to score some goals - he couldn't do it..

April was like "make or break" month for him and unfortunately he failed there.. Couldn't deliver against Chelsea in FA semi-final, wasn't good against Leeds and the fact that he hasn't scored since March - means that in the most important part of the season, we aren't getting any decent contribution from him. Contribution that you can expect from the main striker and not a squad player for example.

So, I feel that club will be using him in a "player + cash" deal this summer.. Because.. he is not that good to be a main striker and to be fair.. too good to be a squad player.
Peoples expectations are too high imo. He could still be a very good player just not the next big thing number 9. He'll never be aguero but could be a decent wide forward.

View attachment 15523
This just looks weird to me.

He's offside, but Dann's foot is over that blue line, and Kouyaté looks even further over it.
VAR is so arbitrary.
I bet they'd make it look onside, if the linesman hadn't flagged: make the screencap a bit earlier and make the red line start closer to Jesus shoulder and the result is different.
Yes it is. It's been mentioned sooo many times, the way they move the lines, the frame they stop the ball contact on, and whatever else they use to get the desired result.
The thing is you don't need two lines.
You take one line, place it on the furthest back applicable part of the defender, graphically render
a pane of glass along that line. Rotate to look down the line, The attacker will either be behind the glass or break the plane, easy.

I was really disappointed with him in the 1st half but he was very good out wide in the 2nd. I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I find it very hard to dislike him. Even on his worst days he gives absolutely everything.

I was really disappointed with him in the 1st half but he was very good out wide in the 2nd. I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I find it very hard to dislike him. Even on his worst days he gives absolutely everything.
I don't dislike him and his work ethic is commendable but we need a striker - not a winger, we've got plenty of wingers who also score goals.

This lad is neither TOP CLASS or ABSOLUTE QUALITY!
I’m actually at a push to call him ok to be honest
So he’s a winger now ?
He wouldn’t have scored any of the goals scored by Torres tonight if he found himself in those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.