#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what happens in the transfer window, I think Jesus must be retained (Ferran obviously will be because we jsut bought him), if someone else has to be sacrificed then so be it (seems like Bernardo wants to go).
I agree, we have to keep him. He's got the skill and he's got a great touch, plus he's young.
I'd start him out wide and move Foden back to LM.

If Bernie does leave, we can't afford to let all the workers go.

Brazil v venezuela on now, jesus playing that right forwaed role again. Looks so much better. Hes a willing and strong runner with the ball

Brazil v venezuela on now, jesus playing that right forwaed role again. Looks so much better. Hes a willing and strong runner with the ball

This is football manager stuff that will never happen but I'd sell Mahrez, get Dybala off Juventus (they might be interested in another Cancelo/Danilo swap to pay for Ronaldo's wages this year) who has 11 months left on his contract and doesn't want to sign a new one, and have him be the second striker/false 9 while Jesus and Ferran and Sterling compete for the RW.

This is football manager stuff that will never happen but I'd sell Mahrez, get Dybala off Juventus (they might be interested in another Cancelo/Danilo swap to pay for Ronaldo's wages this year) who has 11 months left on his contract and doesn't want to sign a new one, and have him be the second striker/false 9 while Jesus and Ferran and Sterling compete for the RW.
Or in less steps, just play Ferran as the striker and Jesus RW?

Or in less steps, just play Ferran as the striker and Jesus RW?

Ferran's not a striker, never will be. That'll be obvious when we see a proper number 9 play up front again.

I know, I know, Pep joked about how maybe he should play him there more often, but good movement across and behind the line is only 10% of a strikers job and he can't do the rest IMO.

Ferran's not a striker, never will be. That'll be obvious when we see a proper number 9 play up front again.

I know, I know, Pep joked about how maybe he should play him there more often, but good movement across and behind the line is only 10% of a strikers job and he can't do the rest IMO.
We will have to disagree there.

I think his finishing and movement is made for the striker 9 role, moreso than as a winger, where I think his dribbling is not very impressive

I think he has the ability to drop and play great balls forward as well with his varied passing, which yes works as a winger too, but also as a striker like Kane has shown.

We will have to disagree there.

I think his finishing and movement is made for the striker 9 role, moreso than as a winger, where I think his dribbling is not very impressive

I think he has the ability to drop and play great balls forward as well with his varied passing, which yes works as a winger too, but also as a striker like Kane has shown.

He can't hold the ball up to save his life, he's never going to be a striker. Feel free to remind me of this in 3 years if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.